• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

XJT agrees to new 7 year CPA with CAL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Man I really don't want to get in this monkey $#%^ fight!!! But do you guys really think that mgt would have already signed the deal with CAL if they needed to get concessions from us to make it happen? I think not!

Its because what you said was wrong. The SKW deal is worse even if there are concessions down the road!

Concessions are not in the cards for pilots. Those happen prior to new CPA deals not after. People forget we already agreed to extend our CBA at managment's request (this is a form of concession) so they would have stable, predictable labor costs for a longer period of time, why else would they have asked? It's sort of like locking in a low fixed interest rate on a house loan. As money becomes more and more worthless over time, the deal you lock in saves you more and more as you pay it back in future (cheaper) dollars. XJT management is paying us in increasingly less valuable dollars. The modest increases in the extension barely keep up with (if not below) current inflation. Only bankruptcy would change any part of our pay. That's that.

Last edited:
Concessions are not in the cards for pilots. Those happen prior to new CPA deals not after. People forget we already agreed to extend our CBA at managment's request (this is a form of concession) so they would have stable, predictable labor costs for a longer period of time, why else would they have asked? It's sort of like locking in a low fixed interest rate on a house loan. As money becomes more and more worthless over time, the deal you lock in saves you more and more as you pay it back in future (cheaper) dollars. XJT management is paying us in increasingly less valuable dollars. The modest increases in the extension barely keep up with (if not below) current inflation. Only bankruptcy would change any part of our pay. That's that.

I will bet you $100 you are wrong. Concessions are coming for us. The CBA is contingent upon XJT reaching certine cost savings. All Managment and Administrative will take 5% cuts starting in July. Pilots will be asked to give back about the same.

Don't belive me? Listen to the ALPA call tomorrow.

I will bet you $100 you are wrong. Concessions are coming for us. The CBA is contingent upon XJT reaching certine cost savings. All Managment and Administrative will take 5% cuts starting in July. Pilots will be asked to give back about the same.

Don't belive me? Listen to the ALPA call tomorrow.

this guy isn't too far off from the truth.....tomorrow shall be interesting

I would not hold my breath. Sure, the pilots get a vote if management asks for concessions but...

Anyways, there are a number of things that can be done to reduce costs without actually taking payrate cuts.

Latest resources

Back