• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

XJT agrees to new 7 year CPA with CAL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Glad to see CAL finally removed head from a$$. XJT was a blast keep it goin!

Good news for all my friends still at XJT. Hope there won't be any furloughs though if branded gets axed.

We will shut down branded and put the newer 50 seaters back in the COEX system and let CAL park or sub lease the 135s. Overall we lose about 30 planes in our fleet but sometime in 2009 COEX will not have any 135s. This is a good sign that CAL management realized they were not going to get CAL ALPA to give in on scope.

Can you guys abosrb that many pilots back into the fold without furloughing?

30 planes is around 300 pilots. Attrition, No-Fly lines, COLA's, and making more lines (reducing them to 75) will take care of some of the layoffs.

Also, CAL removed the most-favored-nation clause and will also allow XJT to fly into CAL's hub airports this allows XJT to secure other CPA's or pro rate deals with Major Carriers. Perhaps United??? XJT also has 80 or 100 options for the XRJ.

The 30 or so aircraft that XJT will lease from CAL will be at cheaper rates than before. Perhaps all in all XJT can be profitable again???

Hopefully....with SWA hiring again and DAL possibly hiring later we could with the help of COLAs and no fly lines. Management has historically done anything and everything to avoid furloughs but if it is needed I don't see more than 200 being on the street for a short amount of time.

Probably not many furloughs.. but if ONT closes I would expect LAX to go super senior. As a west coaster I would rather bid back to the right seat than commute across the country to a COEX base. I guess we'll have to hang on and see what happens.

way to stick it to those skywest queers!!!!

Guess SkyWest will move on to purchasing MESA!!!!

Oh and maybe still get expressJet and the new contract with CAL....

SKW has every right to still buy XJT but our scope hasn't changed, they would still have to create 1 list with one contract (most likely represented by ALPA). The whole reason the deal didn't go thru before was because we would not give up on our scope language. Your Uncle J does not want that, how hard is it to understand this?

Latest resources

Back