• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

XJET CR2 pilots must rebid!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Other than that PBS is hands down better than the line bidding we used to have at ASA. But since ASA pilots have NO experience with XJT line bidding, a blanket statement about line bidding really can't be made.

There, fixed it for you.

Well, no what he's saying is that with the sh** pairings the company creates, the trips will always stink. PBS allows you to take the sh** pairings and make...peanut butter out of them by allowing you to arrange those sh** pairings in a way that makes them at least able to be swallowed.

Like, if I know I have to eat sh** all month next month, but I want to at least not eat sh** from the 3rd to the 7th, I might be able to work that out. With line bidding, the company has much more control over when you will be eating sh**. With PBS, your seniority determines on which days they will be defecating all over your stupid face.

So, you will always be eating sh**, PBS or not. Our PBS just gives you more control over time and portion size.

Not exactly. A concept you guys continually fail to understand is that during the LIW's, that sh** you're eating can be turned into a more palatable/easily digestible form of sh**. It's the recourse that's available with the XJT line bid/LIW system. Doesn't matter what PBS system is being used, PBS just doesn't offer those options.

Jesus H, a-hole.. Drop it with the "the line bidding system we have is so effing glorious" crap.. I dont care!

You're very annoying.

There, fixed it for you.

Not exactly. A concept you guys continually fail to understand is that during the LIW's, that sh** you're eating can be turned into a more palatable/easily digestible form of sh**. It's the recourse that's available with the XJT line bid/LIW system. Doesn't matter what PBS system is being used, PBS just doesn't offer those options.

Your current line system is vastly superior to our *former* line system, as are your work rules. I agree with you. I was just commenting on his comment that our PBS and former line bidding system give the same end result. That's not true.

Jesus H, a-hole.. Drop it with the "the line bidding system we have is so effing glorious" crap.. I dont care!

You're very annoying.

Jesus H, a-hole. Drop it with the "PBS is so f'ing fantastic that everybody always gets what they want without fail the first time" crap. I don't care!

You're very annoying.

Your current line system is vastly superior to our *former* line system, as are your work rules. I agree with you. I was just commenting on his comment that our PBS and former line bidding system give the same end result. That's not true.

Fair enough Abernathy. I was just making the clarification since there are MANY ASA guys that seem to think ALL line bid systems are the same. Obviously with your post you don't fall into that category.

Fair enough Abernathy. I was just making the clarification since there are MANY ASA guys that seem to think ALL line bid systems are the same. Obviously with your post you don't fall into that category.

All line bidding systems are the same. You sort through lines, pick a line that might have 50-75% of what you want, and bid for it. Then you repeat as many times as the number you are in your seat.

You guys have a better open time system than we have (which may or may not let you handle the 25-50% of trips that you got but don't want to do), but let's be honest here, your line bidding system was the same as what we had under Flica.

There's no reason we couldn't have ASA's PBS with XJT's open time windows.

Well, at least the mini Indy is going according to schedule. That is what's
most important.

I'm glad .0004% of our company is allowed an all expense paid trip on the companys dime to drive go carts around for three days. Very morale boosting

most important.

I'm glad .0004% of our company is allowed an all expense paid trip on the companys dime to drive go carts around for three days. Very morale boosting
Yeah no kidding, we really see where are companies priorities are! What a joke, oh but we have a new corporate sign on the G.O. that looks like it was cut out from cardboard boxes. Funny where they like to spend money but "we" are expensive!

most important.

Don't forget to vote for your All Star! And pick up your $12 turkey coupon on the way out. Yay Super Regional!!! Ps don't call in sick even if you are (especially on Thanksgiving or Christmas cause you'll miss out on the free cold food) otherwise you won't be eligible for that 32" TV raffle.

Last edited:
Don't forget to vote for your All Star! And pick up your $12 turkey coupon on the way out. Yay Super Regional!!! Ps don't call in sick even if you are (especially on Thanksgiving or Christmas cause you'll miss out on the free cold food) otherwise you won't be eligible for that 32" TV raffle.

Like.....

Latest resources

Back