• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

XJ TA may be voted down

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well looking at the bullet points I will say that the XJ negotiating committee deserves a lot of credit. I am a pilot for 9E. IF the TA is approved you will not hear me boo hoo ing the XJ group. I do not like concessions, but what was accomplished there has some very interesting things. Snap backs at time or earlier with growth. Preservation of work rules that are very good for this level of the industry. AND most of all the provision for COLA's after amendable date passes. EVERY pilot group should make that last item a strike issue in negotiations. I realize that the bankruptcy was a MAIR scam, but the judges allowed it. The limited cuts along with snap backs makes this deal one that no one at XJ should be ashamed of either way that they vote.

Pilots at XJ should vote their hearts on this one. Either way, the proposal shows that the pilots DID show XJ management that they could not DICTATE a contract and expect to survive.

I see some 9E pilots urging a no vote. I can only hope they have the same resolve when the time comes at our property. It is very easy to advise someone else's career decisions.

Good luck and good job XJ either way it goes!

Well looking at the bullet points I will say that the XJ negotiating committee deserves a lot of credit. I am a pilot for 9E. IF the TA is approved you will not hear me boo hoo ing the XJ group. I do not like concessions, but what was accomplished there has some very interesting things. Snap backs at time or earlier with growth. Preservation of work rules that are very good for this level of the industry. AND most of all the provision for COLA's after amendable date passes. EVERY pilot group should make that last item a strike issue in negotiations. I realize that the bankruptcy was a MAIR scam, but the judges allowed it. The limited cuts along with snap backs makes this deal one that no one at XJ should be ashamed of either way that they vote.

Pilots at XJ should vote their hearts on this one. Either way, the proposal shows that the pilots DID show XJ management that they could not DICTATE a contract and expect to survive.

I see some 9E pilots urging a no vote. I can only hope they have the same resolve when the time comes at our property. It is very easy to advise someone else's career decisions.

Good luck and good job XJ either way it goes!

Very well said....thank you.

But be warned..voices of reason are soon shouted down around this place.

Still sticking to my 75-85% pass.

But the same 10-12 guys are loud as ever. I think they think were gonna hold out til we get a raise while trying to emerge from bankrupcy. Maybe some extra days off while were at it.

Were Bankrupt! We went to court and fought a hard fight, we kept full pay for over a year. But WE LOST. WE LOST. Is it setting in yet? It sucks big time the judge was against us the rules were against us and still are. No matter how many times we appeal the company is Bankrupt and will cut cost B4 they emerge.

Othello:

Your point is correct, however, there 100MILLION DOLLARS in that bank account set up by those MAIR crooks.
The funds to restructure, pay debts, and re-stock the fleet are THERE, NOT in the pockets of their employees.
I do not believe that nwa or mair will let their investment here die, just because this ta is rejected and the appeals continue. All that is LEVERAGE against management, which needs a deal to placate the unsecured creditors and to place aircraft.
If the TA fails, we simply negotiate for better terms, with the appeals over their heads.
If it passes, we move on, knowing we could have pressed them harder, and learn our lessons for next time, which WILL come.
Here's to a little resolve...

By the way, it is not the same 10 guys. I have listened to pilots all over our system, and many are willing to fight. Do not belittle those who are trying to uphold some sense of decency in this company by saying they are only marginal.

Last edited:
Fuuny how the money was supposed to run out long ago, but yet.......we keep operating. How is that? I say do nothing until they impose terms. Why give up anything until you have to?

Those that have the mentality "we lost" "runaway today" and so on, thank goodness you aren't into coaching/teaching or another profession that requires a spine and some fire in your belly to do something when you have gotten your d!ck knocked in the dirt. You are like the pathetic kid in school that refuses to fight back when a bully messes with you. Guess what, the bully doesn't stop until you make him stop. Where were your fathers?????

Snapbacks.....ha ha ha. Management says they can't honor the current contract and we should believe that they will another the next? Sorry, but I was fooled/schooled in 2004. I infact learn from history.

NO!!

Fuuny how the money was supposed to run out long ago, but yet.......we keep operating. How is that? I say do nothing until they impose terms. Why give up anything until you have to?

Those that have the mentality "we lost" "runaway today" and so on, thank goodness you aren't into coaching/teaching or another profession that requires a spine and some fire in your belly to do something when you have gotten your d!ck knocked in the dirt. You are like the pathetic kid in school that refuses to fight back when a bully messes with you. Guess what, the bully doesn't stop until you make him stop. Where were your fathers?????

Snapbacks.....ha ha ha. Management says they can't honor the current contract and we should believe that they will another the next? Sorry, but I was fooled/schooled in 2004. I infact learn from history.

NO!!

Well said!

Othello:

Your point is correct, however, there 100MILLION DOLLARS in that bank account set up by those MAIR crooks.
The funds to restructure, pay debts, and re-stock the fleet are THERE, NOT in the pockets of their employees.
I do not believe that nwa or mair will let their investment here die, just because this ta is rejected and the appeals continue. All that is LEVERAGE against management, which needs a deal to placate the unsecured creditors and to place aircraft.
If the TA fails, we simply negotiate for better terms, with the appeals over their heads.
If it passes, we move on, knowing we could have pressed them harder, and learn our lessons for next time, which WILL come.
Here's to a little resolve...

By the way, it is not the same 10 guys. I have listened to pilots all over our system, and many are willing to fight. Do not belittle those who are trying to uphold some sense of decency in this company by saying they are only marginal.

You are absolutely correct. They won't let it die. IF the TA is no, then they impose, simply put. They have the cash from the creditors committee already, regardless of the turnout of the vote. And, if they still think that their is to much "instability" within the labor groups, ie MX's, FA's, and pilots, then they liquidate the flight ops portion and strictly become a ground services handler - which preserves their investment and still makes cash. Either way, they won't let Mesaba die, but then again, they may not let it "fly". Yes, pun intended.

Latest resources

Back