XJ TA may be voted down

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Say what?

Duane Woerth was very careful in saying that he would not sign anything that resembled the company term sheet. In other words, anything that would put us 10% below Mesa.
He did not say he would not sign a concessionary(or extortionary) deal.

The negotiators and MEC did an exceptional job, considering the environment and the improvements they achieved-raises past amendable date, recapture, and claims upon reorganization. Also, PBS with our rules, and health care policy in the contract.

This will probably pass, in spite of my no vote....
They have nwa breathing down their necks, do not have the stomach to deal with chaos under imposition, and there are two appeals out there ( for the 1113c decision, and the strike injunction). I can live with the possible consequences, these mgmt. crooks are that comtemptable. Flush them and work on your applications!

I say it'll pass by 75-85%.

There is a vocal minority, but it the same 10-12 pissed off union haters that are making all the noise.
I flew with a guy last week that was voting NO. (Tom W recomended it so Iam voting No.) end of conversation not willing to vote for anything Tom recomends.
It is the 500 guys that have made no noise that will vote Yes.

FYI there is only about 580 pilots not furloughed that will be voting.

Same vocal minority & same fools talking crap on the ALPA boards. Same guys who talked s*&t during 2004 and didn't have the ball$ to back up their talk. They are all still here talking the same crap 3 years later.

One year ago, it was "hold the line", and a bunch of us got furloughed! Now, it's basically what mngt was proposing - sugar coated of course, to make it more palatable! You guys are going to vote it in, giving the green light to mngt EVERYWHERE to screw with Pilot groups, because we're weak! - mngt knows it!
It would be a bit less of a bitter pill to swallow, if you guys practiced what you were preaching 1 year ago! But no, you're going to vote it in and you know it already!

Thanks for being a bunch of stand-up guys! Now you're going to put all those 9E guys that walked the line with you in a nice position, good job guys!

I wonder how many of you you will be looking down at 9E guys when they vote in a crappy contract, all because you pulled the rug out from under them!

It's the same ole "what came first, the chicken or the egg? Sorry to the 9E guys but not really. Pinnacle never had one thing in any of their contracts that we could look up to. Enough of this holding the line crap. Everyone must do whats best for themselves and their family. Nothing more. Seems you had no problem going to Shaniqua with their industry leading contract, nor did most of the 9E guys complain when they got CRJs while we furloughed. BTW, I have my own side business so I am a NO voter to anything concessionary. Hell, I thought contract 04 was concessionary.

It's the same ole "what came first, the chicken or the egg? Sorry to the 9E guys but not really. Pinnacle never had one thing in any of their contracts that we could look up to. Enough of this holding the line crap. Everyone must do whats best for themselves and their family. Nothing more. Seems you had no problem going to Shaniqua with their industry leading contract, nor did most of the 9E guys complain when they got CRJs while we furloughed. BTW, I have my own side business so I am a NO voter to anything concessionary. Hell, I thought contract 04 was concessionary.

Well said sir well said. The term holding the line is a pipe dream. Everyone talks it but lets face it family comes first.

The Mesaba pilots will get what they deserve.

If they vote it in, then they freely asked for and accepted it and thus deserve it.

Do not shed a tear.

In this world, you only will get what you accept as worthy of you.

If this is voted in, it is because the pilot group in only worthy of whatever merit it has....................it is because they saw the details and said, "I can live with this".

If it wasn't something they could live with, then they'd turn it down.

So again, if it passes, do not shed a tear my friends.

Be happy for the Mesaba pilots, because they recieved the gift they asked for.

The Mesaba pilots will get what they deserve.

If they vote it in, then they freely asked for and accepted it and thus deserve it.
Be happy for the Mesaba pilots, because they recieved the gift they asked for.

And that, my friends, would be what we call bull$hit.

Do we deserve to be the victims of a slanted legal system? No.
Did we ask for a concessionary contract when the last one was a "growth" contract? No.
Did I vote yes? No.

Thanks for your support, eaglefly.

I think what eaglefly is trying to get at is your judged by your integrity, not the circumstances that surround you. Integrity is doing what is right, even when it would benefit you to do otherwise. It's not the tragedy that defines the man, but how he deals with it. Rationalization is just that, making an excuse for a bad decision. I truly hope you guys show the industry what Mesaba pilots are made of. If not, I quess we'll know by default.

-Spartacus

Now that was well said, Spartacus. If eaglefly wished to say something along those lines, then maybe he should PM you first for some editing.

Phrases like "freely asked for" and "gift they asked for" are tainted, and make it sound like the pilot group came to the company asking to give concessions, rather than battling through courts and hearings and injunctions.

Not one pilot would give these concessions if it were a "free" decision.

Once again throwing stone Eaglefly. Remind me again how you have held the line at Eagle. It's so easy to sit on the sideline and tell someone else what they should do. It's something else when your group is the one doing the fighting. Just like when you guys approved a 12 year contract. Nice Job. Really.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back