• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

XJ TA may be voted down

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What I cant stand is that you guys on the sidelines throwing rocks at the XJ pilots seem to think there is a way to win this game.

At Mesaba, there is no holding out for a better deal. If the TA gets voted down, we live under the latest imposed term sheet. The dip financing is being accessed with or without a deal. In the mean time, XJ moves forward with whatever plans they have and we live under terms that clearly undercut the industry and make it more difficult to feed and care for our families. How does that serve us or any other regional pilot groups' best interest? Now their company has the template to rape their pilots the same way.

Or door number 2: vote for a TA that does not undercut the industry and actually recaptures the wage and benefit losses at year 4, bringing the pilots back above the industry and back to current book. All the work rules: min day, 11 days off, 75 hour guarantee, and sick pay at 100% remain intact, all things that were under attack by XJ management.

The whole bankruptcy process has been complete bull$hit but we can't do anything about that. The courts hate us and Bush would probably prevent a strike in the 1 in a million chance we were actually awarded such a right. This whole process has been stop-loss damage control. It sucks...we didnt ask for this. But working under an imposed deal does not serve the interests of XJ pilots or the airline industry.

p.s. we dont need any integrity speeches from pilots who ever paid for their training either.

F#C$I@G RIGHTS DOGGIE!!!!Now lets get the H E double hockey sticks outta here so I can fly in a pink Saab at 160kts till I die. CCYYYYYYAAAA

Confused

I am a furloughed XJ pilot... I have been watching carefully and listening to all points, considering most. Where I am having the disconnect is when I hear of those who say "no" and face an imposed term sheet. I understand the principle; who doesn't? My question is, If you vote no, but stay, what do you stand for? Has management not obtained the "very best employee" they could hope for? It seems to me there is only one way to vote: yes. The other vote, for the negative, in my mind, would be silent and in the form of a two week notice. Doesn't a "no" vote mean that management wins if you stay and work under the imposed terms?

I am hoping for the best for you all, no matter how you vote!

Livin...

Management has blinked twice on imposition.
THEY called us to get a deal before the last imposition deadline, and offered everything back in exchange for duration.
They understand the chaos imposition brings. Slowdowns, sickouts, walkouts, maintenance write-ups, resignations. From ALL workgroups.
They are already cancelling 20 flights a day due to attrition.

A "NO" vote does not mean automatic imposition.

well, the laws and courts are against us. PERIOD! To that i had to vote yes, and have only heard of three guys said they voted no, except the ones in this forum. Now as for why htey did not impose.....because they saw the writing on the wall, they saw that a deal could be struck. I do believe that they would not impose, so we had power there, but the outcome might have been far worse than what we will have with this deal on the ballot right now. I am not happy that they are in a sham of a bankruptcy, but ia m dealing with it. Oh by the way, look back at the TA that the NWA guys signed off on....and i quote......"except for the 35 avros, which WILL be replaced."

Well, I didn't have the priviledge of making it to one of the meetings, but it appears ALPA is still great at the Jedi Mind Tricks!

If the TA passes by, let's say 80% "yes" and 20% "no", I will expect 20% will put their two weeks notice in when the TA is ratified...

How about STFU and vote. This stuff about caving is stupid. The real "cavers" are the no voters who stay.

If the TA passes by, let's say 80% "yes" and 20% "no", I will expect 20% will put their two weeks notice in when the TA is ratified...

How about STFU and vote. This stuff about caving is stupid. The real "cavers" are the no voters who stay.

Please explain why someone who votes against this TA should quit? Who are you picking a fight with? Why do you want your fellow pilots to leave?

Latest resources

Back