• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

XJ Memo about 9E & Delta

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Playing by the rules is anything but hurting the company. I personally had oportunities to make "adjustments" to make ontime departures, especially with tamdar being fubar over the last couple of days, but decided not based on moral reasons as well as deciding not to cover up the inadequacies (sp) of the company. All of the said delays were caused by problems within the control of XJ. By covering those problems we are only hurting ourselves in the long run. Besides, everyone knows Mesaba is a b!tch company and there are no "jimmies" or "sacs" to be kicked. Infact, the only people that ever get kicked around here are the employees!

I hate to be a little bit** like you :beer:
But I couldn't agree more. I don't know about you guys but I still want to have a job and pretty much going up to the company and kicking it in the nut sack isn't going to help. I know that management is never loved at any airline, and yeah JR might be a tool. But purposely sabotaging the company isn't the solution. IMHO.
This is the one time that "showing the company up" is going to get hurt us more than help us.

Flybet i really have a problem with your IMHO. You haven't been at XJ long enough to get it. I wouldn't say that we are sabatoging anything. Numbers are not down cause we are intentionally doing it, Maybe there are other factors like MX, WX, and lack of staffing. I do my best to get out on time, everytime, I'm not gonna block out with messed up logbooks or open write ups cause JR told us we need to get our perfomance up or else. Give me a break. Sorry for the shot about how long you have been at XJ, but some of us have put a lot of time and sweat into this airline and don't deserve to be told that we are sabatoging the airline by you, xjgearbtch or JR.

Flybet i really have a problem with your IMHO. You haven't been at XJ long enough to get it. I wouldn't say that we are sabatoging anything. Numbers are not down cause we are intentionally doing it, Maybe there are other factors like MX, WX, and lack of staffing. I do my best to get out on time, everytime, I'm not gonna block out with messed up logbooks or open write ups cause JR told us we need to get our perfomance up or else. Give me a break. Sorry for the shot about how long you have been at XJ, but some of us have put a lot of time and sweat into this airline and don't deserve to be told that we are sabatoging the airline by you, xjgearbtch or JR.

:beer:

Look, this whole situation is pretty simple:

Delta will put the screws to everyone.

Spanjers is always going on about how good our numbers are. This leads me to believe that actual performance is not the key with Delta. Instead, what Delta really wants is to inspire fear within their contracted lift pilot groups.

Whatever the quality of our product and performance, Delta will find some way to try to make us cower and fear for our jobs, thereby swatting down another pesky unionized pilot group.

This business with the PCL 900's is basic Management 101 fear mongering for benefit while in negotiations. Unfortunately, real pilots' lives are affected by this (scummy) maneuver, yet there is little they can do to alleviate the pain. They are in negotiations, so mgt. is gonna mess with them regardless of actual performance.

With the merger, we will all be in negotiations. Pain is coming, no matter what our numbers (currently very good, once Wx is considered).

React how you will.

Last edited:
Look, this whole situation is pretty simple:

Delta will put the screws to everyone.

Spanjers is always going on about how good our numbers are. This leads me to believe that actual performance is not the key with Delta. Instead, what Delta really wants is to inspire fear within their contracted lift pilot groups.

Whatever the quality of our product and performance, Delta will find some way to try to make us cower and fear for our jobs, thereby swatting down another pesky unionized pilot group.

This business with the PCL 900's is basic Management 101 fear mongering for benefit while in negotiations. Unfortunately, real pilots' lives are affected by this (scummy) maneuver, yet there is little they can do to alleviate the pain. They are in negotiations, so mgt. is gonna mess with them regardless of actual performance.

With the merger, we will all be in negotiations. Pain is coming, no matter what our numbers (currently very good, once Wx is considered).

React how you will.

Well said indeed!! For all you new folks to XJ, this is what we have been dealing with at least for the nearly 9 years that I have been here. Enjoy this brief respite of good times because I fear they will very soon be coming to an end.

will be... I do believe they already have peaked. No more hiring and now they are starting to use ready reserves again... remember the last time those were used???

Delta will eliminate who they want....they are controlling the ship on this one. No one is safe...from a possible furlough at a major or "lights out" at a regional. Good luck to all.

Whoa buddy, at no point did I say you were sabotoging the airline!!!!!! DON'T spin what I was saying. I'm only saying fly safe, and if you can't be on time because of issues.... that memo, had phone numbers to help resolve the issue. You got problems with MX, WX, staffing use that number. Think logically instead of with your emotions. I don't care if someone has been here 2 or 10 years, a valid point is a valid point. I've been at this company long enough and have earned my right to speak my mind. I've been through the negotiations, sham ch 11. Walked the picket lines, went door to door getting union members to registar to vote during the last presidental election. Believe it or not it is possible to support both the company and the union.

PS I'll be the first to say JR needs an assitant to massage his memo's into a more palatable form. He speaks his mind like many of us fellow pilots. I'm not justifying his actions. Look past the emotional aspect and analyse the meat of what he's saying. It's not like he sits on an Ivory Tower and just thinks of ways to "screw" the pilots. He's got people breathing down his neck to. He has a job as DO, and he will step on our toes often. Don't get me started on the ASAP issue. He needs to work with us and we need to work with him.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back