• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

XJ Memo about 9E & Delta

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
will be... I do believe they already have peaked. No more hiring and now they are starting to use ready reserves again... remember the last time those were used???
Although I agree they are ALMOST done, they interviewed some today, so not quite done.

I realize I haven't known JR as long as many of you, but he interviewed me before I came on and I've talked to him a few times since then. I agree that he isn't a guy I'd like to be on the bad side of, and he doesn't have the cushy/sensitive demeanor of a typical corporate management type, but he seems pretty straightforward to me, almost a little refreshing. No, his memo wasn't 'polished' but it got the point across pretty well.

I dunno, but it seems like he's getting more of a bad rap than he deserves so far, from my view the guy is probably getting nailed from the higher-ups pretty regularly and he's simply trying to respond. He knows just like we do that an overwhelming majority of delays are from the ramp-he has flight line experience. I would much rather have a pilot in his position than what we have in so many other positions now-heck, our fleet manager on the saab never flew the line, our DTW base manager (formerly chief pilot position) isn't a former line pilot...and so on.

The problem with JR is the last time he flew the line was 1997 or 98. The airline has changed but in his mind it's still the XJ of years past. IMO any manager that uses fear to manage is a p$ss poor leader.

The problem with JR is the last time he flew the line was 1997 or 98. The airline has changed but in his mind it's still the XJ of years past. IMO any manager that uses fear to manage is a p$ss poor leader.

You are right, since 98 we have fewer aircraft, fewer domiciles, and much higher gas costs. As far as the ramp issue go, do you think these problems just began in the last year or so? Believe it or not, the ramps operate better now than 10 years ago and we have much better ground equipment. Could things be better......absolutely, but the issues are the same since Joe was driving dash-8's to CMX on highspeeds.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back