• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

XJ Memo about 9E & Delta

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
One problem is that mgt sends out memos trying to change procedures, then they tell us to reference the fom/pom which completely contradict what their memo is trying to say. The "cargo door" memo is a perfect example and until recently the single engine ops on the SAAB (in which the POM said that single engine ops is highly discouraged). Our MGT is completely reactive with no abiltiy to think more than 1 inch farther than their own nose.

SAAB issues (don't know how the jet works)
This whole out time issue, in my opinion, was a way for the company to try and save a few pennies here and there by not paying the pilots while we wait for our very inefficient weight and balance program. So, we as pilots are expected to sit in a plane with the doors closed and an engine running without pay, yet we all know who would be held responsible if a problem were to arrise during the time before brake release.

I'm sure there are plenty of 9E guys that would agree that the ramp staff issues, atleast in DTW, are a major cause of most delays. However, we at XJ have become experts at shifting blame from one group of workers to another ...

Maybe the delays, low on-time performance numbers and lower than normal completion factor has to do with the crappy weather that we have been expeincing lately. If I remember correctly, our performance numbers where rather high during the first 5 days of the month or so. And for saving on fuel, how about delay the flight for a half hour, instead of getting out on time and flying 100 miles completely out of the way and burning all that extra fuel, I thought fuel consevation was such a huge deal.

Last edited:
Are ANY of you guys running an engine and not getting paid? How stupid can you be? As long as that door is closed (and an engine running) YOU are responsible for the safety of that aircraft.
It does not matter what ANY manager trying to make himself look good says. You do not do this.
Has the MEC had any position on that? How about the safety committee?

Unbelieveable.

Lazy 8, I'm not suggesting Pinnacle's numbers aren't better than Mesaba's. I frankly have no clue how the two compare. I just find it odd that the President of the company raves about our performance, while the Director of Operations says it's terrible. Someone isn't telling the truth.

If you don't like the guy so be it.. but he has a VERY VALID POINT. He also gave options to meet the goal. We are in dire times how we perform right now will determine our future. Fuel burn, on time performance are all critical. We may be wholly owned but we are still a sub contractor. Don't ever forget that.

Actually your a Contractor. Sub would be working for another contractor.

i like saab servant's point..

hey has anyone email j.r or wilson or jeff. in regards to the memo, and offer any suggestions, if so, post them on here, and his reply

If you don't like the guy so be it.. but he has a VERY VALID POINT. He also gave options to meet the goal. We are in dire times how we perform right now will determine our future. Fuel burn, on time performance are all critical. We may be wholly owned but we are still a sub contractor. Don't ever forget that.

I hate to be a little bit** like you :beer:
But I couldn't agree more. I don't know about you guys but I still want to have a job and pretty much going up to the company and kicking it in the nut sack isn't going to help. I know that management is never loved at any airline, and yeah JR might be a tool. But purposely sabotaging the company isn't the solution. IMHO.
This is the one time that "showing the company up" is going to get hurt us more than help us.

Last edited:
I hate to be a little bit** like you :beer:
But I couldn't agree more. I don't know about you guys but I still want to have a job and pretty much going up to the company and kicking it in the nut sack isn't going to help. I know that management is never loved at any airline, and yeah JR might be a tool. But purposely sabotaging the company isn't the solution. IMHO.
This is the one time that "showing the company up" is going to get hurt us more than help us.
I personally would lrather keep the airline on time and kick management in the jimmie as much as possible.

there are too many people new to the industry at XJ that havenn't been around the block. HAVE balls and a SPINE!!!!!!!

dont be pushed around like this. we are not going to loose are jobs, use your brain geez. we are not like 9e. for several months steenland, and anderson, and bastain, have been saying publicly about moving contract flying inhouse as much as possible. thats been said, ITS NO surprise that this is happening to freedom(mesa) and not pinnacle. its going to continue to happen, next will be express jet, with there 25 erj next year, their contract will not be renewed. expressjet has a decent performace and since it is out of lax they are not hampered with the jfk or the atl terrible traffic.

-I AM NOT SAYING KICK MGMT IN THE TEETH, or be pricks to them, what i am saying is.....
dont let people mistreat you, that memo in a way didn't just say we are not doing great, it said we suck , it said look for new jobs (actually with a quote) what a great morale booster. what i fear for is when the sluimp is over in a year or 2 the new pilots from here will have already set the precident for bending over , and there goes our money!!!

i'm not a ramp agent, nor a gate agent, i do my job and if need be will gladly assist in others, but i wont be blamed for the job fuctions of other work groups.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back