• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

XJ CRJ900 street capt - kind of!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
All I have to say is NICE JOB ALPA! WAY to go I rank this one up there with saving the careers of pilots who got caught drinking and intoxicated while flying! This guy who left definately knew XJ was hiring, He got another job and did not look back, until he found that back door. Once again ALPA screwing the pooch..... oh by the way NWA and XJ offered our union a deal which would give longevity and seniority to LCA when they were bypassed.....but they turned it down.

All-

Let's kill this thread with facts. I called the company and verified this did NOT happen. The last furlough recall corrections happened around 6-7 months ago and ALPA got them their seniority and back pay. There have been a few pilots who declined recall then later applied and were hired as Saab street captains. There were new hires and carried no furlough benefits. I know Flight Info is a great source for the 100% honest truth, but let's chalk this up as the first time its been wrong.

M.N.
MEC Chairman

PS I'm not M.N. These are his words from the XJ boards.

Last edited:
Thanks SplitBar.

Who'd'a thought someone might make something up on FI?

What's this world coming to?

Once again ALPA screwing the pooch..... oh by the way NWA and XJ offered our union a deal which would give longevity and seniority to LCA when they were bypassed.....but they turned it down.

True, but you are leaving out a pretty major part of the REST OF THE TRUTH.

Its like political-speak. Tell a portion of a fact that makes the story very different. Kinda like Fox News does..

Dude! there is more to the story? I have asked around, no one seems to know what did happen during the negotiations.....I just heard what I posted, from someone i trust more than anyone else that works for this company. That person heard it from very senior managements mouth what I posted......and the offer is still on the table. This is the deal, how many times to i have to accidently run into a union guy that can only leak info? bit by bit! Then there is the union side of the truth....sort of like how they switched sides on the age 65 rule to be on the winning side when they already lost that battle. All I am saying is if you know the whole tueth, be out with it, send me a message and set me straight. I am not boasting, i am not complaining, All i am saying is what I heard and that I am both disappointed in some of the things I have been hearing lately....from both the company and the union. Please do, fill me in on what happened. By the way, I trust the union more than the company, I like all my reps and am planning on contributing to the union when my schedule and personal life allows it. thanks

What happened to Wychor?

All I have to say is NICE JOB ALPA! WAY to go I rank this one up there with saving the careers of pilots who got caught drinking and intoxicated while flying! ....

And your facts (and assumptions) are wrong on this one, but this is FI afterall, and we've all just been had.

Last edited:
I'll let a rep reply to the rumors about the agreement, or lack thereof.

I know that ALPA asked that the company treat all pilots equally. The company wants to make special provisions in order to alleviate the results of their own negligence.

And NWA ALPA had some issues with allowing pilots to sit at XJ for long periods while accruing seniority and longevity. It really does boil down to fair and equitable treatment. And the companies are always looking for patches for their own foolishness.

After a fake bankruptcy, numerous assaults on our contract, fraud in the 401k plan, and other abuses, why should we do ANYTHING to help anymore?

After a fake bankruptcy, numerous assaults on our contract, fraud in the 401k plan, and other abuses, why should we do ANYTHING to help anymore?

That pretty much sums it up. As a pilot, you need to be in business for yourself and your family first.

The fact that XJ can even get anyone to be in their employ after the last 7 years of shenanigans is truly amazing.

Latest resources

Back