Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Rossa

Here's the story:

I was furloughed by XJ, went to another carrier, was on the CRJ, when I realized that XJ was hiring (I don't frequent this board). I contacted Mesaba HR and was told that I had received and declined a recall - NOT TRUE! I had changed address during my furlough and had forwarded my new address to Mesaba. Around this time they say I was contacted, but nobody called me (my phone # remained the same and I didn't see any email notification). I called ALPA national and told them - they felt that the manner of notification was not sufficient and would follow up with Mesaba.
That was several weeks ago. Today I got a call offering me my choice of captain class - I have CRJ time now, so I took the 900, which they said they'd give me a firm class date later this week.

Anyway, if there are any XJ furloughees out there, you can appeal to ALPA and get your old seniority slot back, followed by whatever you can hold. Not exactly a street captain position, but HR seemed to think that there were more of us out there. The inadequate notification process and subsequent hiring binge is pure red tail SOP.

Guess the 900 won't be going as junior as everyone thought. BTW, all you guys hired after the recall will be sliding backwards by atleast 1 number, maybe more.....

Last edited:
I think you did a good job of back dooring Mesaba, But I don't believe you didn't know they were hiring

I think you did a good job of back dooring Mesaba, But I don't believe you didn't know they were hiring

I don't come to work to discuss rumors all day, nor do I spend my time talking about the hiring trend of other companies. That being said, XJ management did me no favors back in the day and a recall is a recall - if you're going to do it, do it right!

Sorry if this annoys the other opportunists out there, but nobody wept for me or my peers back in '06.

I don't come to work to discuss rumors all day, nor do I spend my time talking about the hiring trend of other companies. That being said, XJ management did me no favors back in the day and a recall is a recall - if you're going to do it, do it right!

Sorry if this annoys the other opportunists out there, but nobody wept for me or my peers back in '06.

Oh boy, this is going to be good!

Guess the 900 won't be going as junior as everyone thought. BTW, all you guys hired after the recall will be sliding backwards by atleast 1 number, maybe more.....
I'd edit that line out.....

FI's message board doesn't constitute notice from XJ.
These are excuses, if you are furloughed and want to go back you'd be paying attention to what is going on.
From his post I read, "I waited till i saw how things panned out at XJ, then once I realized I could hold Capt. I called ALPA knowing XJ messed up when they never notified me correctly". Now good for him on getting the slot he deserves, but this is how I read his post, and his Ahole comment about step back one spot all you new hires is only more proof of his ways.

You sound like an opportunistic SOB that got one over on the company...good for you.

Bragging about it though, and especially in the above manner ("you're all moving back a spot") doesn't seem very smart.

Same thing happened to me. I got a letter in the mail and I bid to be bypassed on the 1st round of callbacks- which was granted. Then, I never got a second letter notifying me that I was giving up my number if i failed to respond. I say good for this guy after what the company did to its people. Fu!k them.

Latest resources

Back