• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

XJ CRJ900 street capt - kind of!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Boy, you sound like a bit of a tool. After your done "sliding" everyone back that got hired after the recalls (the few who got 900 captain that is)...(lets see 1 person?), I hope you enjoy sitting close to the bottom of the list indefinitely, stud.

Boy, you sound like a bit of a tool. After your done "sliding" everyone back that got hired after the recalls (the few who got 900 captain that is)...(lets see 1 person?), I hope you enjoy sitting close to the bottom of the list indefinitely, stud.

No kidding.

You guys are hilarious! You throw each other under the bus (myself included) at the first sign of furlough/trouble of any kind, then you sit on your high horses letting me know I'm an "A-hole" for my comment. Your justification: that's seniority for you, have fun paying your bills while we look after the top half of the list.
Make no mistake, everyone going to XJ nowadays is an opportunist, not a knight in shining armor. Where were they when XJ was letting pilots go? That's right, sitting at another carrier (not including flight instructors) and now that Mesaba has turned the corner, they're heading there for the quick upgrade. Now I don't know how this will affect anyone at XJ, with regard to seat locks, etc.., but I could have quietly slipped into class and said nothing. Save for a few, you guys wouldn't know anything had changed. Now, atleast you know that there could be changes coming that might affect your choice of whether or not to take a slot there. Whether you like my choice of words, or not, the fact is that anyone who came on property since the recalls ended will be sliding backwards - maybe by 1 .... maybe by 100, who knows.

If you're waiting for your seat lock on the SAAB to end with street capts for the CRJ, then you could be waiting for a while longer (not a smarta$$ comment, just an observation). Talk to management, they might give you more of an indication of what is coming. Steve (HR) thought that there may be a flood of guys coming back after they re-contact people.

If there are guys that genuinely got left out mistakenly, I hope they all get to return soon. Whatever seat/aircraft their senority allows them to return to doesn't matter one bit to me. I just hope those that were mistakenly left out aren't like you. Re-read your post. You didn't post to be helpful, just to be pompous. I'd like to know, how did all of us throw you under the bus?

Usually the union sends out mail and emails to furloughed pilots updating them on the situation even if the company doesn't call. There is no way you couldn't have known. Sounds like you are opening a pandora's box with this one.

If you were so interested in returning to XJ, you would have ensured that your contact information was up to date, and perhaps you would have been contacting XJ yourself throughout the process.

I understand that you think what you are saying is a benefit for those furloughed and not contacted appropriately, and there may still be a chance for them to return. However, I'm guessing that the likelihood of this is slim... I believe that most people on the recall list knew one way or the other that recalls were occurring.

Keep it to yourself.

In my opinion, any CRJ-900 Captain awardee at XJ with less than 4 years at the company had better get down on both knees, thank God for your good fortune and keep your damn mouth shut when talking about it. There are alot more deserving people who belong in that seat.

Sincerely,

MM

You guys are hilarious! You throw each other under the bus (myself included) at the first sign of furlough/trouble of any kind, then you sit on your high horses letting me know I'm an "A-hole" for my comment.

I don't know how closely you followed the bankruptcy process (by reading your last few posts I think we are all to believe that you had no idea what was going on) but I would be happy to shed some light as to what went on. After everyone still lucky enough to be on property got done "throwing you under the bus" we all took it up the collective tailpipe. Some top of the list guys taking an effective 60% pay cut, Saab capts that had held a great schedule for years had a drastic pay cut and were now working weekends, a good chunk of folks who finally saw light in the way of a left seat spot after 6 or 7 years were sent back to FO, and probably the people it was the toughest on were the FO's who had been on and off of reserve for about 5 years were just sentenced to another two.
So before you come back with the attitude that you were thrown under the bus by all of us who rode out the trouble you should probably do a little more research.
Welcome back and see you online

You guys are hilarious! You throw each other under the bus (myself included) at the first sign of furlough/trouble of any kind, then you sit on your high horses letting me know I'm an "A-hole" for my comment.

I don't know how closely you followed the bankruptcy process (by reading your last few posts I think we are all to believe that you had no idea what was going on) but I would be happy to shed some light as to what went on. After everyone still lucky enough to be on property got done "throwing you under the bus" we all took it up the collective tailpipe. Some top of the list guys taking an effective 60% pay cut, Saab capts that had held a great schedule for years had a drastic pay cut and were now working weekends, a good chunk of folks who finally saw light in the way of a left seat spot after 6 or 7 years were sent back to FO, and probably the people it was the toughest on were the FO's who had been on and off of reserve for about 5 years were just sentenced to another two.
So before you come back with the attitude that you were thrown under the bus by all of us who rode out the trouble you should probably do a little more research.
Welcome back and see you online
I think Rossa was an expert on the bankruptcy here at NWA, read said persons posts from a while back. I remember talking to him about the Mainline bankruptcy.

And I believe that you were/are an even bigger expert on all things involving a red tail!

Latest resources

Back