WWYD NetJets or Delta?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think both are good companies to work for

I personally think Netjets is a wonderful company to work for, and probably the best fractional out there. They are well funded and seem to take care of their crews. I also like Delta, and being a Delta pilot I am probably biased. But, if I had to work for a fractional, I would try to work at Netjets. The only thing I don't like about Netjets currently is the lack of bases for newhires. It would be better for everyone if they home based or atleast added to the domiciles. (like CS) Other than that item, it is golden. If someone had to choose between DL and NJ, I would ask where they wanted to live, and if they could handle the 7 days away for Netjets. That could be hard on some families. Some people like not knowing exactly where they will be flying (fractional flying), and others like a set schedule a lineholder may have at a Major. Both offer a variety of aircraft, and both offer a variety of routes (both domestic flying and INTL flying).

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
I'm surprised no one mentioned anything about NJA FO pay. I heard upgrades for those hired these days will run upwards of 5-7 years. That's a long time to go without a decent pay raise.

It is amazing that the minute you say anything bad about NJ its like you attacked there mother. NJ is a descent place to work, great benefits, good equipment, but it is not for everybody. 121 flying at a major is by far easier and more lucrative. I did a study of how much I would earn by staying at NJ and by going back to DAL. Amazingly the pay over the next 30 years was within 100k (DAL being slightly more) but the retirement was so much more at DAL. We get 11% vs a 50% match at NJ up to 7.5% that small amount results in a ton over the course of a career.

The flying is although some would say boring, easier at DAL. Less work more time to worry about what your there to do fly. I understand that each person has an opinion but to bash one or the other makes no sense. Hoping for another downturn in aviation is not just shortsighted but also wrong. I don't wish ill will on NJ they are what they are, but to hope we will be "pulling gear for you in four years" jeesh you call DAL guys millitant but don't realize what your saying.

Who knows what 30 years will bring. NJ could be in trouble if they tax the airspace, DAL by low cost carriers. Each pick what is best for you but either job is not perfect!

The analysis I did of the two company pay scales was based on upgrading at Delta in 9 years and NetJets in 5 years. 9 years is the current reality at Delta, however, 5 years is a worst case scenario for NetJets. Their most recent upgrade was 2 years ago. If you figure that into the totals, then NetJets 12 year base pay is significantly higher than Delta's.
Also I hear the rumors about 7 year upgrades at NetJets are exaggerated. My good friend was just hired by NetJets this week and they told him it should take about 3 years to upgrade at the interview.

I also did my DAL vs NJA pay scenarios, and making a bunch of (reasonable) assumptions, it would take me 5-8 years at DAL (assuming starting today) for the pay to become equal, and at that point I'd be almost $200,000 behind in total earnings. After 14 years, in one scenario I'd be $30,000 ahead in total earnings at DAL and in another scenario I'd be $20,000 behind. Financially, it would be a wash but the first 5-8 years would hurt. All things considered, I'll stay at NJA.

It is amazing that the minute you say anything bad about NJ its like you attacked there mother.

It wasn't the attack on NJA, say all the bad things you want about them. God, knows I have. It was the holier then thou attitude, combined with a dash of, I'm a sky god because I'm at Delta attitude, that set me off.

That being said I'm sure that the majority of the guys at DAL are great guys, however Goggles had it coming.

I apologize for lumping all DAL pilots under the same "charm." The guys I know that fly for Delta are all great guys (most were from Western - go figure! LOL) They even thought of me when the hiring restarted and checked to see if I was still interested in getting on there. I too decided it would take too long to even up the pay and bennies to what I have now at NJA. I figure more like 12 years to get caught up.

Also my analysis starts with my pay at sixth year as I am a furlough rufugee and still had two-three years to upgrade at NJ so my numbers will be way different than yours especially if your a captain allready.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back