• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

WWYD NetJets or Delta?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Northwest has a poison pill, and I don't think you will see them buying anyone. Never say never.... but I wouldn't hold your breath.

Once you allow one big merger then you have to allow other big legacy mergers. I doubt Congress will approve a major consolidation that reduces consumer choice... AWA and USAirways was an exception because USAirways was about to be liquidated...

You know... the Fracs depend on the airlines to move people to airplanes. Fracs will not benefit from something happening to the airlines.

But there is a conspiracy theory .. not sure if I heard it from Rosie o'Donnel that WB was behind 911.

See:

Offutt - Warren Buffett - George Bush - September 11

http://www.team8plus.org/forum_viewtopic.php?6.1440

Last edited:
I like to see that math.

Here's the math I calculated for 12 years at each company.
For NetJets, I assumed the first year as FO and first year as Captain you will be on the reserve schedule because this is typical.
For Delta, I assumed the first 3 years as FO and as Captain you are on reserve. This can vary based on company needs.
-Being on reserve increases salary at both companies.

These figures are all based on APC's current pay scales and the minimum required hours worked at both companies. Per diem, overtime, tips, etc. are not included in these figures.
-Upgrade is assumed in year 5 at NetJets and year 9 at Delta Airlines.
They are both calculated using the most junior aircraft scale for each company.

NetJets years 1-12
1. $46290 -reserve
2. $40950
3. $43000
4. $45150
5. $106810 -reserve
6. $92250
7. $94500
8. $96750
9. $99000
10. $101250
11. $103500
12. $105750
Total = $975,200

Delta years 1-12
1. $41160 -reserve
2. $57120 -reserve
3. $66360 -reserve
4. $63180
5. $65520
6. $67080
7. $68640
8. $70200
9. $113400 -reserve
10. $115080 -reserve
11. $115920 -reserve
12. $117600
Total = $961,260

I also did a comparison of the highest pay scales on their most senior aircraft. If it were possible to become a Delta 777 captain after 12 years, you would be earning $146,640/year base salary.
A 12 year NetJets BBJ captain would earn a base salary of $193, 670 + COLA. A Falcon 2000EX captain would earn $167,140 + COLA per year.
It looks like NetJets wins after 12 years.
Based on current pay scales, it doesn't seem to change much if you move to larger aircraft either. Unless Delta significanly raises their pay scale or NetJets upgrades come to a stop, I can't see this changing.

Last edited:
I also did a comparison of the highest pay scales on their most senior aircraft. If it were possible to become a Delta 777 captain after 12 years, you would be earning $146,640/year base salary.
A 12 year NetJets BBJ captain would earn a base salary of $193, 670 + COLA. A Falcon 2000EX captain would earn $167,140 + COLA per year.
Based on current pay scales, it doesn't seem to change much if you move to larger aircraft either. Unless Delta significanly raises their pay scale or NetJets upgrades come to a stop, I can't see this changing.

But when you go to class IV or V aircraft don't you start back at 1 year pay for that class? Not that I'm against Netjets but I thought I remember reading that a while ago.

I'm not sure, but nobody is going to be flying as captain in a 777 nor a BBJ for either company after only 12 years. It's closer to double that length of time. I just added that at the end because I thought it was interesting.

Plus on my above evaluation, NetJets pilots only get the increased reserve pay scale for 2 years, verses Delta pilots being on increased reserve pay for 6 years and NetJets pilots still earn more over the 12 year period.
Obviously many people are going to have different experiences based on how many hours they fly each month and when they upgrade.

Last edited:
Here's the math I calculated for 12 years at each company.

Upgrades will change. They always do. You only looked at the min reserve money for Delta. If someone holds a line and flys as a Capt on the 777, they probably earn more like $180k. Don't forget most flying is intl, and so there is a pay increase for that.

Its always difficult to look out 12 years. I would look at what type of flying you would rather do. I, personally, had a fun time in corp flying, but prefer part 121 at a major. Don't chase only money, but rather find something you enjoy doing that also pays well.

Upgrades will change. They always do. You only looked at the min reserve money for Delta. If someone holds a line and flys as a Capt on the 777, they probably earn more like $180k. Don't forget most flying is intl, and so there is a pay increase for that.

Its always difficult to look out 12 years. I would look at what type of flying you would rather do. I, personally, had a fun time in corp flying, but prefer part 121 at a major. Don't chase only money, but rather find something you enjoy doing that also pays well.

Bingo!

A concern with NJA is their FO pay - it's flat. So if stagnation happens, you're essentially S.O.L. with respect to making more money.

Having done some 91/135, I gotta say the flying is WAY better than 121.

Are you really going to make your decision based on us jokers at Flightinfo? Go to Netjets, here at Delta we hire people that can make decisions.

I mean really, you can't decide whether you want to throw bags on a Citation and ride around in the back of airliners all the time, always on reserve vs. a major airline career?

Pat Fabin,
I can't wait for the day your sitting as my F.O. at NetJets, I'll give you and Delta 4 years max before they furlough you and your begging for a job with us.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back