Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
DAL, It's a No Brainer!

DAL, Absolutely!

If you are NJA and your seniority number is below the 1500's you should go to DAL...

Then I'll be in the top!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

YYYYYYEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!! BAby!

I'm off on active duty from NJA and I have to say I hope the majors treat their military guys as well. The company has been very supportive.

I can't wait to get back to NJA.

It's good that you are researching your options.

... both good choices ...

Don't let someone choose for you, but find out what the jobs are like, and pick the one that you will be excited to get up and go do.

Last edited:
"What if" those wackos were successful in starting a fire in the JFK underground fuel lines and indeed get a terminal or a runway to be destroyed. That could have put a damper on Deltas' international expansion.
Thats how fast things can go from Hiring and major expansion to Furloughing and shrinking....

Lastly, DAL has probably the BEST travel benefits of any major airline. You and your family can see the world if you want for free if you go at an off-peak time. I guess you could do this to a certain extent with skymiles (generated as a passenger getting to flights for the fractional), but you couldn't do it as often as you could at a major.

You are kidding right. Travel benefits, only if you like to travel standby on a 50 seat RJ that is always overrbooked. To use the travel benefits you need to travel to destinations no one wants to go to and to do it at the worst possible times. But hey it is still a free ride.

It is more a question of QOL. Can you handle the less structured flying of NJA or do you like knowing your destinations a month ahead of time. Lest not forget that with 121 you have a crew in the back to deal with, this can be good or bad, my experience is more bad than good but that was with a bad commuter that paid their flight attendants squat. Just another view. I am looking at leaving 121 to go to NJA just for job security.

As previously posted another 9/11 type issue involving aircraft and Delta will be down for the count along with most of the other airlines. NJA would actually benefit from such an event. People who travel first class can do it for about the same money and much less hassel with NJA than getting hammered by the TSA waiting to go to the gate flying on DAL.

It is a tough choice just be glad you have the choice to make. I would start training with NJA and wait and see if a class date opens up with DAL. Once DAL offers you a date you might have a better idea about NJA corporate culture and if you want to stay. Good luck.........

You are kidding right. Travel benefits, only if you like to travel standby on a 50 seat RJ that is always overrbooked. To use the travel benefits you need to travel to destinations no one wants to go to and to do it at the worst possible times. But hey it is still a free ride.

You just have to know when to travel. I took my entire family down to St. Thomas last year in September with 80 open seats each way. All for free.

Did you stay at the hotel on the concierge level all week for free?

As I sit here on day 17 of my 21 day vacation (one of three this year BTW), I can only think of one word: Northwelta.

Delta is hiring. Northwest still has people on furlough. In the (likely IMO) event of a merger, a new hire could find him or herself royally scrawed. As AAA found out, ANYTHING can happen in a seniority blend. Just something else to think about....

People always say that, but it's not always true. My wife and I have gone to several places, and we just had to pick the right day and the right flight. If you have a day or two to be flexible, it will work. We have gone to Europe every year for the last 14 years nonrev. In peak summer. Everyone talks about not being able to travel, but that hasn't been my experience. I do agree, you will be packed in a full flight! By the way, Delta is the best for nonrev. They have always been nice to us, and they have gotten us into business class MANY times! Thanks DL

As I sit here on day 17 of my 21 day vacation (one of three this year BTW), I can only think of one word: Northwelta.

Delta is hiring. Northwest still has people on furlough. In the (likely IMO) event of a merger, a new hire could find him or herself royally scrawed. As AAA found out, ANYTHING can happen in a seniority blend. Just something else to think about....

Northwest has a poison pill, and I don't think you will see them buying anyone. Never say never.... but I wouldn't hold your breath.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back