Wuzzup at Pinnacle

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CoATP

Monday Pinnacle was supposed to park 15 200's and put 150 pilots out. Anybody know the story? When they will be interviewing and hiring again?

15 to be parked. Looks like no furloughs do to our continued understaffing. Management wanting concessions off a crappy 6 year old contract after they have been raking in the cash off the service agreement for those same years. 28 CA displacements, but that will most likely cover those that are finishing upgrade training right now. That about wraps it up. No hiring for the near future, but could start back up down the road.

CoATP said:
Monday Pinnacle was supposed to park 15 200's and put 150 pilots out. Anybody know the story? When they will be interviewing and hiring again?

Parking airplanes, furloughs, Mainline in BK, and Oh by the way when can I get a job there?

You either don't have a clue and need one :laugh:

Or

You need too take the heroin needle out of you arm and sober up.:rolleyes:

I think it was mark twain who said "It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool then to open ones mouth and remove all doubt." Thank you for your input.

Too much unknown to answer your questions.

The judge agreed that NWA can send back 15 aircraft. Unfortunately, they're not sending back the crap aircraft, they're sending some of the best... go figure.

I personally still think it's a bluff to get better lease rates on everything we have plus anything NWA might buy in the future... just my opinion.

Hiring has stopped, but they're still collecting resumes. A direct quote from the person in charge of staffing here: "One of our biggest problems figuring out staffing is attrition - we're just losing too many pilots."

We're on target to lose 40 pilots this month - none from disciplinary action (meaning they're quitting for better jobs or just getting out of here). So why are we displacing 28 CA's? You tell me - doesn't make any sense to us either.

A lot of other stuff going on here, all negative, not a fun place to work right now.

To tell you the truth, there are a LOT better places to be employed. If I had it to do over again I'd have gone somewhere else... Most of us are just making the best of a bad situation and trying to enjoy the flying, the coworkers, and what little time we have off.

it would crack me up if management asked for concessions, i mean come on, what would they even take? We already have one of the lowest pay rates. I expect Pinnacle to hire again very soon just because they are losing so many people. Expect all new written tests and interviews when this does happen

CoATP said:
I think it was mark twain who said "It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool then to open ones mouth and remove all doubt." Thank you for your input.
The earliest source for this quote is Abraham Lincoln.

2 rumor's on hiring.. the first is in a few weeks for Feb vacancy
the second is starting February next year.

As Lear70 stated, the flood gates to get out are wide open. I have not heard the 40 number, but it would not suprise me.

I have heard that staffing will adjust for Dec and maybe Jan then it will be back to normal understaffing due to attrition.

redflyer65 said:
28 CA displacements, but that will most likely cover those that are finishing upgrade training right now.
But aren't the street CA's hired wthin the last 9 months junior to the recent upgrades? I would think they're the ones to get displaced, not the ones upgrading now.

Latest resources

Back