• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

WSJ slams Colgan (5/11)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wow.... As much as I hate to say it, it seems like the crew is gonna eat this one. The article said that some training dept guys quit Colgan lately. Anyone know who they were...as an Ex Colganite just wondering.

The whole report screams "crew fatigue" to me. I hope the NTSB gives that issue the attention it needs.

Welcome to the suck. The press burned OH's 5191 crew. I think we still have a lawsuit out. Sad state of affairs these days. Good luck to Colgan although Chuck can kiss my arse after my pre employment phone lecture he gave me about 4 years ago!

The NTSB has had crew rest on its 'most wanted list' for several years now.

http://www.ntsb.gov/recs/brochures/MostWanted_2008.pdf

Thats 2008's -I know for a fact it has been on the list long before that. Just to be clear the NTSB is not a rulemaking authority, they just investigate and provide their findings. The FAA isnt obliged to listen to the NTSB, and in many instances they don't.

If you ask me, the ATA http://www.airlines.org/ just has a lot more lobby power with the FAA & congress than the pilot groups or the NTSB.

Last edited:
The whole report screams "crew fatigue" to me. I hope the NTSB gives that issue the attention it needs.

I have a feeling that's going to be a sub sub sub finding by the ntsb.... The CAs training and failures and the alleged actions certainly do not help the case. What I don't get about this accident is that the FO was supposed to be fairly experienced on the Dash8 didn't they see the airplane's improper ice speeds or the impending stall?

yes clearly Colgan encouraged the FO to go skiing, take a red eye and then jump in the right seat. I know I am at my best after a nice red eye from SEA.

Latest resources

Back