• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Write in about the TSA LASP

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A bigger issue is Barney Frank's legislation that would require all companies htat received TARP funds divest themselves of their private a/c.

Announced this morning and is retroactive so it includes JP Morgan, Citi, Bank of America, etc.

The one out is if they give back the TARP funds.

It's only a bigger issue if you work for a bank. For the rest of us, the NPRM is a much bigger issue. Either way, the Federal government is going to END corporate aviation (91,91K and 135) in this country this year. So instead of paying well over 10K in federal taxes, I (like tens of thousands of others) will be collecting unemployment checks. I wonder how our bankrupt government is going like that? The stupidity is incomprehensible.

It just got Sticky in here. Good luck.

All excellent points- we've all seen how the TSA can create unnecessary& useless hassles while hiding behind the 'security flag"

The other thing I pointed out in my comment is how much cheaper & easier it would be for a potential terrorist to deliver weapons of any kind in a truck yet the TSA doesn't seem to think they are worthy of the same scrutiny. Trucks have delivered many more times than airplanes!

Write in! Go to the meetings!

Last edited:
A bigger issue is Barney Frank's legislation that would require all companies htat received TARP funds divest themselves of their private a/c.

Barney Frank has to be the biggest !diot in congress. The guy turns a blind eye to the collapse of the mortgage GSEs and now he wants to focus in destroying corporate aviation. Are his constituents in Hollywood totally oblivious to his incompetence. Ah...nevermind. I just answered my own question there, didn't I? (Hollywood = oblivious)

BTW...Barney Franks suggestion to the above is analogous to me taking the bus everywhere I go because I got a stimulus check last year!

Anyways...any time I read the news I gain less and less confidence in our government. This says a lot considering I started with very little confidence in the first place. It really behooves me to think people believe government has the answer for everything when time and time again they're wrong. I think I'm going to vote for Ron Paul in 4 years.

Last edited:
Okay. So I write a letter to my Congresswoman (who happens to be a freshman member of the Transportation Sub-Committee) and both of my Senators, one of whom is the freakin' Senate Majority Leader. All three offices write me back and the Majority Leader's office forwards my comments to the TSA and asks for the Agency to comment.

So today I get a letter back from the TSA's "Acting General Manager for General Aviation" about how my comments have been filed in Docket Number TSA-2008-0021 and they CC my Senator. You know, the Senate Majority Leader.

AND THEY MISSPELL HIS FREAKIN' NAME!!!!!!!!

THE SENATE MAJORITY LEADER!!!!!!!

These are the lame brain idiots we have entrusted with our aviation security?

Hey TSA! News flash! You don't spell Dingy Harry's name with two e's, get it? I'm not real fond of him myself even though he represents my home state but jeez! Show the guy a little respect. You can't get a little detail like the spelling of the FREAKIN' SENATE MAJORITY LEADER'S NAME but we're supposed to let you run (that's spelled R-U-I-N) our industry?

:smash:

Latest resources

Back