• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Write in about the TSA LASP

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
For those that don't know, LASP stands for Latest Attempt To Steal Power.

Just more hugs and kisses from your government.

This TSA proposal needs to be stopped. I urge everyone to do their best to try and stop this.

Other than actually checking the bags for weapons, most reputable companies do all of that anyway. The only potential issue I see is having crew root around "Mr Smith's" bags looking for a butter knife. The rest does not bother me one bit.

Other than actually checking the bags for weapons, most reputable companies do all of that anyway. The only potential issue I see is having crew root around "Mr Smith's" bags looking for a butter knife. The rest does not bother me one bit.

I am thinking of a small single aircraft mom and pop charter outfit flying a be-350 or say a CJ4 or even a private owner(if that applies) That is a buch of bs. Now if the government pays for the backgound checks and passenger info for free...Still not a good.

Hi!

Is the LASP REALLY for ALL aircraft over 12.5, or just -91 aircraft over 12.5.

I am asking because USA Jet has to fullfill the requirements of the LASP when they fly private charter, but regionals, flying aircraft of 50 seats or less, and doing private charter, do NOT have to fullfill the requirements of the LASP.

So, if the LASP only applies to -91, then some -91 operations would be WAY more restrictive than some -121 operations.

Also, it is NOT easy to fullfill the LASP requirements. The most difficult is the manifests. Everyone has to be on the manifest, and is has to be run through the DHS No-Fly, and all other PAX lists, to be allowed on the plane. It is a pain in the A$$!

cliff
GRB

Latest resources

Back