Wright fight getting ugly!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FlopgutSWA has a plan alright...bring on the cabotage![/QUOTE said:
Flopgut, you have made it quite clear that you hate us. Furthermore, you have also made it clear that your hate will not be bound by the contstains of reason, or any fact or logic what so ever. But even you must be ashamed to read the post I above quoted above. If you are not, I guess your hatred has taken you beyond shame.

I guess you feel that SWA is the devil, and somehow we are reasponsable for all of the ills in the world (or at least the domestic airline business), but come on! I am tempted to engage you on several issues, but in the end I know I will only suffer a response full of bile and hate. So instead I will leave you with this thought: we are not going away. We will either go to Boeing Field or see a dramatic reduction in our costs at SEA TAC (already starting). The WA will go away (someday). You will get madder and madder as we continue to pursue cost reductions and innovative strategies. I will smile when I go to work, be freindly on the radio and even wave at you. That must really burn you up. ;) Luv ya!

D/fw

Hey,

Has anybody walk around C Concourse recently?

Ghost town!! Can you hear the sucking chest wound that is D/FW?

I live Love Field.

Last edited:
canyonblue said:
Who is we? The Legacy carriers? Sorry you don't own the system, the people do, and if we have to figure out ways to make money in this industry without the tactics that other carriers employ, than I am glad Gary Kelly is starting to think outside the box. It is only because we are now considered such a huge threat, that the other airlines are starting to whine. Allegiant flies out of Rockford, maybe Kelly should get a "Daley Amendment" in place to protect Midway from extinction. The reality is not saving DFW, it's saving American Airlines. DFW would still be the same airport it has always been, maybe more so with less of an AA presence. If you pay rent to a landlord and the landlord wants to double your rent, would you leave, or just pay higher rent so your neighbors in the apartment are happy that they can count on you to keep their apartment building in the splendor the are accustomed to, even though you just live there 8% of the month. Time to make big decisions, even if they are unpopular, to save this airline from the swath of cuts that other airlines employ. I would rather DFW and Sea-Tac eat the losses, before I would. And that is how a great CEO thinks, Arpey and others could take a lesson.

And lastly, In what order does your airline value the following:

1. Themselves, and why wouldn't they. If they take care of themselves, I am therefore taken care of by default.

"We" would be anyone who is not a SWA employee/SWA systemite or the like. I applaud new thinking and I do not dislike most of what SWA is about. I think this LUV/ King County behavior is too extreme. Herb didn't fight the WA actively...I think he felt pretty lucky to get the deal you have now and just play underdog.

And it is not about saving AA. It is about the sanctity of the competition. AA followed the prescribed sequence of airport growth as was set out for the metroplex. Your airline was allowed relief from the agreement because it was a small airline. SWA was excused from the rules and was granted an advantage, because of its relatively small size. Now, your airline is huge. And because of that, your insisting on free rein. It is absurd! To tell you the truth, I no longer think it is about getting unrestricted use of LUV. It is about using this tactic as a means to attack a legacy in the same manner you are attacking USAir. Only AA is pretty strong so your not going to go heads up, not your style.

Great CEOs, huh? Thats what it is about? (you SWA types are square with the "SWA family" goofiness, here is where I get square) The CEOs that started the legacy carriers were a different breed. They set out to shape the entire industry...create, explore and build. They not only wanted to succeed, they wanted everyone around them to succeed. That is what I call great. Not the "Reaganesque" corporate raider types that are more representative of [some] what SWA is about. Admittedly, the thinking of our CEOs is outdated, and legacy leaders need to better adjust to the "guerilla" tactics in play today. And they will, and that is why the fight over the WA is so intense.

Don't gripe at me about allegiant, they learned that crap from you. Just buy them and throw their careers in the junk heap like you did Muze Air (and people think your so nice...).

Lastly, here is where I am coming from with that question: Your new "corporate luminaries" could give a crap about your culture, your paycheck, job security and all of it. SWA's durable profitability is a two edged sword. There is not one person at your headquarters who wants to preside over the company's first ever loss. So when it comes down to it, they are going to wipe their butt with your "culture", and you had better be ready for it. I think that has a lot to do with this new interest in probing for changes to the WA and threatening to leave SEA. Eventually, we all live in a equal market, all of us. You prepare for that by keeping perspective throughout the tides of this business. The only thing you can do in this business is hope that every employee, at every airline, gets to take a turn at the best deal they can before they are done. You DO NOT, say things like "all the legacies are dead", and you DO NOT regail the fact that your airline paid all of its emplyees during the 911 shutdown when your company did not have to bury any, like that sicko you work with did in the top of this thread.

Get your heads out of your butts.

Last edited:
I believe in fair competition and that market forces, not politics, should determine the equilibrium. ECON 101.

I signed the petition to repeal the Wright ammendment.

Good luck LUV!

FlyGuppies said:
Flopgut ... "PS: I have been to nine countries this year"

If that's how you measure your manhood, I'm amused and sorry at the same time. Some of us put family and quality of life ahead of the size of our aircaft or how many countries we visit.

You probably support retaining Age 60 too!

No, no. I don't think nine countries is that many really or that big of deal. Dude asked me about where I flew and I told him. I would like to point out that it has given me a real good "worldview", which I think is key.

Age 60? If you want to here my views on age 60 I'm going to have to insist you pay me.

ivauir said:
Flopgut, you have made it quite clear that you hate us. Furthermore, you have also made it clear that your hate will not be bound by the contstains of reason, or any fact or logic what so ever. But even you must be ashamed to read the post I above quoted above. If you are not, I guess your hatred has taken you beyond shame.

I guess you feel that SWA is the devil, and somehow we are reasponsable for all of the ills in the world (or at least the domestic airline business), but come on! I am tempted to engage you on several issues, but in the end I know I will only suffer a response full of bile and hate. So instead I will leave you with this thought: we are not going away. We will either go to Boeing Field or see a dramatic reduction in our costs at SEA TAC (already starting). The WA will go away (someday). You will get madder and madder as we continue to pursue cost reductions and innovative strategies. I will smile when I go to work, be freindly on the radio and even wave at you. That must really burn you up. ;) Luv ya!

Yes, I am mad. I am mad that not one of you SWA types reigned in your co-worker who made tha insensitve remark about the shutdown at the top of the thread. That subject, that whole event, is something I don't think you should discuss. You don't own that.

I am only here to talk about the WA. All my posts are about it, read them. I don't dislike your airline to the extent you think I do. All I want to see is a straight up fight and that the history of the business not be forgotten.

Flopgut said:
Yes, I am mad. I am mad that not one of you SWA types reigned in your co-worker who made tha insensitve remark about the shutdown at the top of the thread.

Maybe because he DOES NOT work for Southwest. I thought everyone could see that.:confused:

canyonblue said:
The reality is not saving DFW, it's saving American Airlines.

Come on, Canyonblue, the WA is there to protect DFW and it's always been that way. Just because AA is the largest presence there doesn't mean they will go under just because the WA goes away. AA has proved itself a formidable competitor in the past, and will continue to do so, WA or not. We just earned a profit amidst all of the chaos, someone's doing something right. Give us a little credit, as much as you hate us.

canyonblue said:
Maybe because he DOES NOT work for Southwest. I thought everyone could see that.:confused:

Then Why does the poster's "current position" indicate SWA!

Am I taking crazy pills here?

Latest resources

Back