Wright fight getting ugly!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AAflyer said:
Just make sure you say that when you come up to ask for the jumpseat.

I would LUV to tell you were to stick it.

Have a nice DAAy.

AA

SWA the poor under-dog... my A$$..
B1tch,
WN has done more for jumpseating than any legacy around. Funny thing is, you and your AA buds have probably jumped more on WN than on AA. Better get your 737 type if you want a job as soon as AA liquidates-or do you not yet have 1700 turbine PIC? Uh OHHHHHHHHHHH

AAflyer said:

Have a nice DAAy.

AA

I'll second that.

Last edited:
miles otoole said:
B1tch,
WN has done more for jumpseating than any legacy around. Funny thing is, you and your AA buds have probably jumped more on WN than on AA. Better get your 737 type if you want a job as soon as AA liquidates-or do you not yet have 1700 turbine PIC? Uh OHHHHHHHHHHH

friday night and your posting on flightinfo calling someone a b1tch?!?! shouldn't you be out with your boyfriend or something?

don't blame me, I'm an old married guy watching sportscenter.

mdf, thx for the laugh!

Do whatever SWA wants........just make them pick different colors for their aircraft. Flying corndogs.......and flying Barney jets.......they must have hedged paint prices as well. Everytime I see a brown (or whatever color they call it) SWA jet, it reminds me of the nice surprise I get when I changed my 6 month olds crappy diaper. ( I think I just realized what color it is...babysh!t brown)

Have a nice DAAy.

AA

Last edited:
SWA tech said:

It could be quite possible for SWA to be expecting a loss in this WrightRepeal movement. Getting beat by AA at home would be a GREAT way to regain the "were underdogs" employee motivational position. SWA people worked harder, longer, for years because they were the underdogs. If they get beat in this Wright fight, they will once again be the underdog and their people will respond accordingly.

Poor AA, they can't win either way.

Hobbes

Umm...

CitationLover said:
i don't buy it. you argue for competition, yet have had a monopoly on DAL for almost 30 years now.

SWA can have equal treatment at DFW. SWA can have it's cake and eat it by beginning service out of DFW, while continuing it's monopoly at DAL.

it doesn't manner anyways as whoever greases the politicians the most (and SWA has recently become quite the greaser) will get what they want.

This post shows how off-base your thinking is. How, pray tell, does SWA have a monopoly at DAL any more than AA has a monopoly at DFW? For a monopoly to exist (if I remember anything from my second-year economics course), not only is there no competition, but other competition cannot be allowed to enter into the picture. First of all, SWA is not the only airline at DAL (CO EX). Second of all, no one is stopping AA from flying out of DAL.

Also, I have to object to your ridiculous accusation that "SWA has recently become quite the greaser". When used in that context, greasing implies that SWA has been making under-the-table financial (or otherwise) bribes to get their way. Now, if you're going to make that kind of accusation, you ought to be able to give some kind of specifics to back it up. Otherwise, I'll continue to regard it as the ever-present internet ramblings that aren't really worth a can of spam.

Flycatcher99 said:
This post shows how off-base your thinking is. How, pray tell, does SWA have a monopoly at DAL any more than AA has a monopoly at DFW? For a monopoly to exist (if I remember anything from my second-year economics course), not only is there no competition, but other competition cannot be allowed to enter into the picture. First of all, SWA is not the only airline at DAL (CO EX). Second of all, no one is stopping AA from flying out of DAL.

that is the point flycatcher (re AA dominant pos vs SWA dominant pos at DAL). neither wants to move into the others backyard. but people on here have stated previously that SWA wouldn't move to DFW due to AA's dominant position.

as far as greasing....well SWA did get the ball rolling on this through the political process. it's no different than when AMR wants something done, but people look at the SWA execs with reverence.

it must be nice to escape AMW.......don't you miss it flycatcher?

Flycatcher99 said:
First of all, SWA is not the only airline at DAL (CO EX). Second of all, no one is stopping AA from flying out of DAL.

Exactly. Also, I don't seem to remember AA whining about the cost of operating dual stations when they decided to run Legend out of business. Even more importantly, I don't seem to remember the DFW airport board attempting to limit AA's competitiveness at that time.

enigma

Latest resources

Back