Wright Amendment to lose some punch today

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Jim Smyth said:
Sorry but you dont have a clue to whats going on in the industry, so move off to the side because theres a train coming down the tracks and your about to get run over!

I know your business plan has flaws and I know your growth potential is finite. Did you know that? Probably not.

The exception to the Wright Amendment allowing non-stop flights to Missouri was sponsored by Missouri Senator Christopher "Kit" Bond.

Bond was extremely instrumental in getting the Department of Justice to approve AMR's buyout of TWA. AMR made a great public case of how they were saving jobs in Missouri and Mr. Bond used his political weight to get the acquisition past anti-trust concerns.

Quite possibly, this is just retribution for the screw job given to all the TWA people by the great benevolent AMR Corporation.

Skyboss said:
I know your business plan has flaws and I know your growth potential is finite. Did you know that? Probably not.

Wow, I didnt know that but thanks for pointing it out!

I guess our business plan has been flawwed for the last 34 years then. I guess a plan that involves making money is also flawed. This year being another record setting flaw, yet again!

Hello...............McFly? Anyone home?..................................

Pancho747 said:
The exception to the Wright Amendment allowing non-stop flights to Missouri was sponsored by Missouri Senator Christopher "Kit" Bond.

Bond was extremely instrumental in getting the Department of Justice to approve AMR's buyout of TWA. AMR made a great public case of how they were saving jobs in Missouri and Mr. Bond used his political weight to get the acquisition past anti-trust concerns.

Quite possibly, this is just retribution for the screw job given to all the TWA people by the great benevolent AMR Corporation.

Right On! This is the exact reason Mr. Bond took up the cause.

Jim Smyth said:

I guess our business plan has been flawwed for the last 34 years then. I guess a plan that involves making money is also flawed. This year being another record setting flaw, yet again!

Hello...............McFly? Anyone home?..................................[/quot

People like you are the reason many pilots do not like SWA. This was the same attitute every great airline that failed has had.

ALCOHOLIC said:
People like you are the reason many pilots do not like SWA. This was the same attitute every great airline that failed has had.

I can't believe I am going to have to respond to an ALCOHOLIC. Look at where most threads turn ugly, it's usually where some bonehead, __________, (insert your favorite SWA hater here) just has to toss in some anti-SWA rhetoric, just to satisfy their daily need to feel better about themselves. Now, as I had to point out on another thread, if you think that any SWA pilot on this board is not going to respond to derogatory remarks aimed at a company we care about, then you better stop reading any SWA themed threads. Big difference between attitude and a mind-set. Just like the anti-war crowd, could be many of the same people on this board, they don't like the military or anything that is positive about Iraq. As a Marine once said.............

We also need not spend an ounce of energy on the defeatists. They are losers, always have been, always will be. Instead, focus all your energy on winning the strategic war. How best can you do that? Develop and present the right attitude, the attitude of a winner, the attitude of unwavering commitment to see this through, no matter what. In short, be a winner and let everyone, everywhere know that’s how you’re playing the game. We are going to succeed in Iraq, not by persistent bellyaching, but rather by working very hard at it.

ALCOHOLIC said:
Jim Smyth said:

Hello...............McFly? Anyone home?..................................[/quot

Thats fine, we dont all have to like each other. But That "attitude" comes from guys like him that go on to every SWA thread and bash us when they dont know what they are talking about and have no facts to support there continuous badgering!

Lawman said:
. I went on their (AA) website and found the fare from DFW to MCI to be $278.00. Southwest will run that same route for 1/4 to 1/2 that. I will fly on Southwest any day. As far as I am concerned, American can have DFW as long as I can get to where I need to go on SWA.

LUV: DAL to MCI round trip = 273.50

AA: DFW to MCI round trip = 158.00

(I used December 15 with return on December 17th)

Latest resources

Back