WOW! What a concept!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
SWA/FO said:
Looks as if that compares to a 8 YR WIDEBODY FO @ FDX. That is if you can trust the figures on airlinepilotpay.com (which I don't). UPS numbers aren't there is just says "NO LEECH" whats that all about?.

The "student" is still the student.

You got me...a student at the Gucci building getting ready to make $117/hr in my second year.
Just so we are CLEAR...that's credit hours and not block hours. Using your superior mathematical formula:
January CR's 105:24 * 49.86/52.06=$100.86 per block hour.
That was still 1st year probation pay in the back of the Boeing, more than a 3rd year FO at SWA. We won't take into account the international override...that would bump it above 4th year SWA FO pay.
Just like your calculations, totally meaningless.

Last edited:
Man, don't let the company negotiators get a hold of that method for figuring out pay. I can hear it now:

Company Guy: "3rd year FO's are already getting paid infinity"

Union Guy: "I know, but we need them to be paid infinity + 3. And Captains get infinity + 5"

C.G.: "OK OK, infinity + 1, but no catering"

U.G.: "Deal, but we get to have our own parking spaces in front of the AOC. Oh and I almost forgot, you can jam it in the flex guys if you want."

So do you not trust the numbers that capt zman posted? They are the current hourly rates divided by his block hours per trip.

I was talking about the website: airlinepilotpay. I don't trust those numbers.

I was just thinking to myself.... and I said "hey SWA/FO you just learned something new from those Fed Ex guys" then it was pointed out to me by my fellow aviator CaptMark that I already know everything because of my excellent educational background. So now I feel much better, its tough out here holding the bar of knowledge so high.

:pimp: the SWA/FO

All that loot and SWA still pays better than UPS or a FedEX 727 pilot. You guys need to get on management about that. They pass the cost on to the customer, then keep it for themselves.

Another thread hijacked by one of the two SWA cheerleaders. How bout just doing that on SWA threads that are easily avoidable?

Another thread hijacked by one of the two SWA cheerleaders. How bout just doing that on SWA threads that are easily avoidable?

I guess you guys don't like it either, huh? Yeah, Baby!!!! Take that!!

Just like I trust numbers quoted on flightinfo............not!

What you think I just made that stuff up? You think CaptZ just made those numbers up? NOT. you FE's have to much time on your hands.

:pimp:
the SWA/FO

skykid said:

Oh yea, I could tell it was a cargo thread by it's WOW! What a concept! title. Back to kicking your dog, pallie.:rolleyes:

So...what I got out of this thread is that y'all make lots-o-more money than me.....pm me if you want to walk my resume in :nuts:

Oh yea, I could tell it was a cargo thread by it's WOW! What a concept! title. Back to kicking your dog, pallie.:rolleyes:

Point is, I thought it might be something interesting to read, it was a thread that had nothing to do with SWA, and then we get treated to another big glass of "I'm better than you/look at my narrow point of view."

I think my request is valid - make your rah rah/mine smells better posts on threads that can be avoided without even opening them.

Yeah, my 737 is bigger and fuller then yours. :D

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back