• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

WOW! What a concept!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Looks as if that compares to a 8 YR WIDEBODY FO @ FDX. That is if you can trust the figures on airlinepilotpay.com (which I don't). UPS numbers aren't there is just says "NO LEECH" whats that all about?.

The "student" is still the student.

Big Beer Belly said:
Canyon,
Not another "mine is bigger thread" ... pahleeeez.
BBB

Oh well, 1800 RVR got my point. No slam at all, just a thought on whether or not the CEO at the Cargo carriers do get the "concept". It's is great they they pass the fuel cost's on to their customer, but where does it go? With profits the way they are, and the ability to pass on costs, I would expect your pay to be well above the passenger carriers that are unable to pass along anything. Unfortunately it seems that the management's do not see it that way. Record profits should equal record pay, it's not the dogfight we have on the pax side. Best of luck.

SWA/FO said:
Looks as if that compares to a 8 YR WIDEBODY FO @ FDX. That is if you can trust the figures on airlinepilotpay.com (which I don't). UPS numbers aren't there is just says "NO LEECH" whats that all about?.

The "student" is still the student.

SWA/FO: You should know that FedEx has rigs and such so that sometimes a trip that blocks 2 hours pays 6. That doesn't mean that the 2nd year WB FO is making $354 per hour, now does it? Maybe with your logic it does, but I don't buy it. Of course some trips pay straight block when they exceed the minimum credit hours per trip. I'd bet that almost every airline has rigs so that it is possible to get paid more than the block hours for some trips.

Your argument that your "hourly" rate is higher because you only blocked 26 hours and got 38 TFPs is not too convincing. We can stand a week long hotel standby and get paid about 38-43 hours with ZERO block time. How do you figure that hourly rate?

In my humble opinion, the only way to compare pay rates at airlines is with the hourly rate (or a rough equivalent at SWA) and min hour guarantees.

Credit hours baby!, and monthly guarantee. That is what you need to compare, if you are so inclined.

Thank goodness there is more to life than how much money you make.

FJ

You kids should stop gloating and be glad you are not comparing unemployment checks.

Bake

SWA/FO, you're taking your TFP(which basically equates to our flight time) * rate / block hours. If you were to do the same at FDX, I'll use my next 3 trips as an example (2nd year S/O, soon to be 11 F/O):

*****Actual trip pay * rate / block time ******

6.4 * 64/ 3.4 = 120.47/block hour
10.5 * 64/8.2 = 81.95/block hour
41.8 * 64/13.4 = 199.64/block hour

So to block 25 hours, I average 134.02 per block hour. Pretty comparable to your example.

Now let's take 2nd year 11 F/O pay on the same trips as an example,
6.4 * 117/3.4 = 220.24/block hour
10.5 * 117/8.2 = 149.82/block hour
41.8 * 117/13.4 = 364.97/block hour

Average = 245.01 per block hour.

So if you use the block hour denominator, the pay rates aren't even close for F/O's. Just trying to compare apples to apples here. And as mentioned above, this is a poor way to calculate hourly wages, especially considering the standby example above.

That is if you can trust the figures on airlinepilotpay.com (which I don't)

FalconJet:

To quote myself. I don't believe any of those numbers on that website. I will add that in order to make that money at SWA you have to Fly. There is no doubt to your angle on the discussion. Not sure where I lost you on the TFP conversion? Its simple.

Bake - we are just talking about mis-conceptions. I'm not happy anybody is out of work. This information might be helpful for someone in the job search arena. "dont believe everything you hear" - do your own research.

Capt zman...

I'm learning something new everyday. See I don't have all the answers. Now, I really don't trust any of those numbers. Rigs are a good thing.

SWA/FO said:
Capt zman...

I'm learning something new everyday. See I don't have all the answers. Now, I really don't trust any of those numbers. Rigs are a good thing.

SWA/FO..u went to "harvard of the skies"....there is nothing more u could possibly learn...

SWA/FO said:
Capt zman...

So do you not trust the numbers that capt zman posted? They are the current hourly rates divided by his block hours per trip.

If that math is too tough, try this: on my last Indy hotel standby tour I got paid for 30:20 but I flew zero hours. So with the logic we are using in this thread, 30.3/0 = OMG!!!!!!11!!one!!!!! I get paid INFINITY $ per hour!!!!! I can only work ONE hour and have enough money to last the rest of my life!!!

Put the rulers away, boys - this thread was supposed to be about companies actually charging consumers what their product costs to produce.

Can we get back to that now or should we all gather up behind the high school to see who's car has the loudest stereo?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back