• Start date
  • Watchers 17

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
...or 29,000.00 a year like most majors?

again 29,000 is the FIRST YEAR. if you look at the big picture you more than make up for it in later years. example you will make between $50,000-65,000 yr then it keeps going up.

Roll the dice!

D'Angelo said:
again 29,000 is the FIRST YEAR. if you look at the big picture you more than make up for it in later years. example you will make between $50,000-65,000 yr then it keeps going up.

Not only that......with a defined benefit retirement plan and stock options you can become an "employee owner" too.

CAL pays about $28K for your first year you jackass

If you do not like CAL, FedEx. or UPS starting wages or you could come to work at YIP hauling boxes, we start DA-20 F/O's at 35K. For gad sakes it is a starting wage give me a break.

Cokie907 said:
Wow, could you give us a list of those jobs, omniscient one? :) The race to the bottom has been on for years, perhaps you missed the newsflash. Good paying jobs that truly compensate pilots for the massive sacrifices they make are becoming extinct quicker than the spotted owl.

BTW- heard on a CBS news break last week that "airline pilots are in great demand these days as regional airlines expand their ranks. Pilots can earn wages UP TO 165,000 AT CERTAIN AIRLINES." I almost fell out my chair laughing my ass off! What a joke...

Never understood why some people feel that they are owed something for whatever sacrifices (read: choices) they made to advance their careers.

Hoover me too, I do not understand what is wrong with making over $100K per year doing something you like. Anyone can fly an airplane; there is nothing special about the skill. Yes you do need a certain level of skill and a lot of desire to be successful. The same can not be said for getting into Harvard or U of M MBA programs, or becoming a doctor, or any other knowledge worker job. Pilots are skilled labor, they are not knowledge workers.

Last edited:
BOOYA said:
I don't know what pilots are complaining about.

first year fo is about 19 bucks per hour x 40 hours per week x 52 weeks in a year is almost 40 grand

and a 80 dollar per hour captain is about 160 grand per year.

ya see! pilotyip is dead on the money, it still is a fantastic career.

;)

idiot. No wonder you only have 352 hours. Pilots don't work bankers hours. Look the max duty times in the regs. If you know what that is.

Shameless Plug

Come on down (or up) and work at USA Jet! You will get to work for management like this:

If you do not like CAL, FedEx. or UPS starting wages or you could come to work at YIP hauling boxes, we start DA-20 F/O's at 35K.
*disclaimer the above $35k aforementioned will only come true if we opt to not institute the annual spring paycut. Again we make no guarantees, we have even warned the current newhires currently in training of this prospect. Also note, first year pay is for the first two years. Also $35k annual pay includes getting paid for 25% of the times you load the airplane b/c loading wasn't arranged for and you are able to get credit if you meet the sliding scale of requirement to get paid for the load. In other words be ready to load planes, use the super safe j-bar, toss around rolls of carpet then be told the load was 1 pound shy for loading pay requirements (using the requirements est for 1/8/06 1645z -1/8/06 1730z) please check with your cust service rep for that moments loading pay requirements.

Anyone can fly an airplane; there is nothing special about the skill.
Do I need to say anything? Ok I didn't think so, it speaks for itself.

Pilots are skilled labor, they are not knowledge workers.

Please come join the ranks of the skilled labor! A place where you are paid and treated just like we think of you! http://www.activeaero.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=careers.Airline
Apply today!

With 352 hours, this guy is the holy one of airline analysts. Ever heard of the 75 hour monthly guarantee??? You'd be lucky if you pulled a 110 hour credit for the month, and if you did, you would be dead freakin' tired b/c your 110 hr credit required exponentially more duty time. Analysis, little rest, little family time, little time to enjoy all that money you made. C'mon guy, boys like you are the problem. Do us all a favor... graduate high school, get yourself a college education, and become a more educated citizen of the pilot ranks, then, maybe then we will listen to your nonsense.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back