• Start date
  • Watchers 17

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sameold you paraphrased that is not fair, again your skill is showing and not your knowledge. The skill is universal, high school drops outs can fly airplanes, Phd's can fly airplanes, and only thing needed beside skill is desire. I really want to thank you for the reality post, if pilots are discouraged from applying at USA Jet because your post then you have done us a favor. We do everything we can during the application and interview process to eliminate pilots, who are afraid of J-Bars. So far we seem be doing pretty good in eliminating pilots who demonstrate the sameold stuff and we have the next two classes in the pool already. BTW, if it is so bad why is no one going anywhere?

Last edited:
Hey, Kit and I are Buddies. You guys mark our words, there are upwards of 10,000 jobs coming in the near future. Pay your DUES.

pilotyip said:
The skill is universal, high school drops outs can fly airplanes, Phd's can fly airplanes, and only thing needed beside skill is desire.

Drop outs can also be accountants, real estate agents, Train engineers, General Contractors, all of whom earn more than the vast majority of pilots. If you are going to tell me no, that you must have a degree for some of the professions I would ask you how many major Airline Pilots have 4 year degrees? You know that over 90% do. So why shouldn't we be paid accordingly?

All a drop out needs to do is get a GED, enroll in a local college for 2 years, get decent grades, then go to most any 4 year college of his choice. It's all about your level of desire. Those professions I listed need no more knowledge of their profession than a pilot does, yet you seem to place them on a higher plain than us lowly pilots who are a dime a dozen.

Pipe don't get started on the college degree thing, most pilot have degrees because most people have degrees. You can not be knowledge worker as defined by the dept of labor without advanced academic learning; you can be skilled worker by developing skill in a trade, like operating precision equipment. No formal advanced academic learning is required. You have college degree your skills are interchangeable with a non-degreed pilot.

pilotyip said:
The majors don't pay 40K; they still pay fantastic wages, only on a pilot board would $150K/yr be looked at as a poverty wage. It is still a great career for those who elect to pursue a career flying airplanes.

Fantastic wages and flying out of YIP. Now there's an oxymoron if I ever heard one!

PHXFLYR:cool:

pilotyip said:
Sameold you paraphrased that is not fair, again your skill is showing and not your knowledge. The skill is universal, high school drops outs can fly airplanes, Phd's can fly airplanes, and only thing needed beside skill is desire. I really want to thank you for the reality post, if pilots are discouraged from applying at USA Jet because your post then you have done us a favor. We do everything we can during the application and interview process to eliminate pilots, who are afraid of J-Bars. So far we seem be doing pretty good in eliminating pilots who demonstrate the sameold stuff and we have the next two classes in the pool already. BTW, if it is so bad why is no one going anywhere?

Probably because they have skeletons in there closets???

PHXFLYR:cool:

I am happy to see pilotyip that in your response to me you found out EXACTLY why I chose the name sameold.

I would not try to disuade someone from coming to work (the search function on this board will), especially if they say the other choice is an RJ operator. You know me better than that!

Probably because they have skeletons in there closets???

There are a lot if good people in YIP! Pilotyip is actually one of them. Your statement/assessment is inaccurate. People have time and seniority invested, it is a hard thing to trade off and try something new in this pilot employment market. Look at every job you take as a career! Make where you are the best it can be, not run off at the slightest discomfort.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back