• Watchers 17

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Cokie907 said:
BTW- heard on a CBS news break last week that "airline pilots are in great demand these days as regional airlines expand their ranks. Pilots can earn wages UP TO 165,000 AT CERTAIN AIRLINES."

Awesome! I should apply there! Could you tell me which airline that is for?

BOOYA said:
I don't know what pilots are complaining about.

first year fo is about 19 bucks per hour x 40 hours per week x 52 weeks in a year is almost 40 grand

and a 80 dollar per hour captain is about 160 grand per year.

ya see! pilotyip is dead on the money, it still is a fantastic career.

;)
I get the point. 1000 hrs max flight time x $19/hr = doodleysquat

Yo G's, drive your Benzos down to Menzies, they'll hook you up with a job and some benzies...peace, out.

Remember Kit only looking out for himself. All he cares about is your money in his pockets. He is now even claiming that he was a big part of the netjet contract. He is nothing but a con man.

ReverseSensing said:
Fo shizzle, my FN FAL-zizzle.
In the words of the infamous Vanilla Ice, "Word to your mother".

D.sanchez said:
CAL pays about $28K for your first year you jackass..

Thats only the first year. If you take the average FO wage its over $70,000/yr(assuming 75 hrs/month) and that is the lowest payscale... Average years 1-12 and thats what you get. Now if you upgrade the average is about $120,000/yr on the lowest scale. yaaaa really tough to live off that guys... now if you can pick up some open time voila! your set. perhaps you'd like some cheese and crackers with that wine? Everyone has to tough it out the 1st year.

D'Angelo said:
Thats only the first year. If you take the average FO wage its over $70,000/yr(assuming 75 hrs/month) and that is the lowest payscale... Average years 1-12 and thats what you get. Now if you upgrade the average is about $120,000/yr on the lowest scale. yaaaa really tough to live off that guys... now if you can pick up some open time voila! your set. perhaps you'd like some cheese and crackers with that wine? Everyone has to tough it out the 1st year.

I guess after 9 "1st years" I finally am having a good 2nd year.

Regardless of what Kit Darby says, he's a kahn artist making his living off of star struck professionals grasping at what used to be. He's pathetic.

He negotiated FOR management during our Section 6 at NetJets. Stand up guy he is...

Last edited:
so let me get this correct, if I apply and get hired at Continental, I'll make a 120,000.00 a year?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back