• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Would You Go to Midwest Airlines? MidEx

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Got 1000+ PIC (of the turbine type), going there would mean commuting, less money (for a year), insecurity, etc. Tough decision but better than lots of other things!

What market does MidEx dominate? How are they going to grow and/or compete against others? How do their cost and revenue (and trends in these items) compare to others?

If I was corporate right now I wouldn't leave until fuel prices top out. Until ticket prices go up, and the likely decrease in passengers occurs, the race to the bottom will continue.

Chuck Yogourt said:
Is that why they have recieved 25 b717's?

Uh, Chuckles, you're probably too young to remember this, but ask your Dad . . . about a company called "TWA" that had a bunch of 717's . . . . those are now in the AirTran fleet. There was also an airline called "Hawaiian" that received a bunch of 717's, too. Some of those are in our fleet now as a result of their bankruptcy.

Taking delivery of some airplanes is not the same as financial success.

Uh, Crashpad;

As a current Midex pilot, I have not talked to one pilot that is in any way hoping for a merger with Airtran. Believe me, the rumor certainly is circulating, but I have yet to hear of anyone wanting it! Nice try.

Beats the street . . . which unless they change their whole business plan, looks pretty likely.

I haven't heard too many AirTran guys that want anything to do with Midex, either. The usual response I hear is "What do they have we would want?".

Basically, it's just some savings in duplicate operations- gates, tugs, CSA's, rez, etc. and a handful of 717's. . . . in other words, worth more in parts than in whole.

Last edited:
magneticmd80 said:
As a current Midex pilot, I have not talked to one pilot that is in any way hoping for a merger with Airtran.

I doubt there will be any "merger". It will be Airtran coming in and picking out what they might want from the remnants.

Yank McCobb said:
I doubt there will be any "merger". It will be Airtran coming in and picking out what they might want from the remnants.

That's right, you guys can come and pick up the remnants just like you were suppose to do with ATA airlines in MDW.

I may be wrong, but it sure seems that Airtran has some pilots on this board that cannot accept anyone that doesn't fly for them. The responses to my post sure seemed that they are very self conscious. I didn't say Airtran is not a good airline, I simply said that I haven't heard anyone that is in favor of an airline merger right now. Lighten up Airtranians.

Latest resources

Back