Would You Go to Midwest Airlines? MidEx

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

XLR8

Just curious what other peoples opinions were on MidEx. Odds are if you are getting hired there you are probably a captain at a regional somewhere, or in corporate.

Would you leave a senior position at a regional or a stable position flying corporate to go to MidEx?

XLR8 said:
Just curious what other peoples opinions were on MidEx. Odds are if you are getting hired there you are probably a captain at a regional somewhere, or in corporate.

Would you leave a senior position at a regional or a stable position flying corporate to go to MidEx?
For what it's worth...

We have a guy working for us who bypassed recall a couple times and finally had to resign his seniority at MidEX (they wouldn't let him bypass any longer)... If he was to return today, he would have nearly 5 years seniority there... He said working there was "fun", but he certainly wasn't going to risk going back...

Also might not hurt if you stop calling their wholly owned subsidiary the wrong name. It's Skyway.

Gaylord,

Connect is what it is (actually it's a dba x's2). If Midwest would realize that the pax have no idea what Skyway is but do know what connect is they would be better off from a marketing perspective.

Peeprops, thanks for pointing out the obvious. Skyway is just the business name, and you won't find it on any ticket, or even the website. Nice to know you've got a sense of humor.

It's funny how this industry works.

In 1998 you wouldn't believe how many people berated me for my decision to go to AirTran. If I had returned after the furlough, look how senior i'd be there today.

In 2000/2001 look how many people took a leap of faith on a little airline called "Jetblue" that was starting from scratch.

How about the folks who went to work for Morris Air (and who today are very senior at Southwest?)

How about the people who took a chance on a man named Fred Smith and his old Falcons flying air-freight. (FedEx)

The fact is YOU DONT KNOW what the future will bring. You're going to have to make the right decision FOR YOU... and hope for the best.

Go with your gut and good luck!

XLR8,

FurloughedAgain about summed it up perfectly. The only thing I would say is don't jump unless you allready have at the very least a thousand hours PIC.

Good Luck!

Latest resources

Back