• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Would anybody leave.....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The skybus deal has options paid with salary, that's not such a bad deal. If you had that deal going with LUV before it issued, the stock today would be worth $19 million.

Yep. And if you took the same deal going with Vanguard, Midway, TransMeridian, Braniff, Eastern, Atlantic Coast, or any of a dozen other now-defunct airlines, the stock would be worth $0.

CommutAir issued me a bunch of stock, too, in a company that hasn't gone public. It's currently valued at 1 cent, which I found out when they spent about $1.50 mailing a statement to that effect to me. Nice.

Leaving NJA for a crappy-paying start-up like this is a really, really bad idea.

Why would you deny them a jumpseat?
If they're stupid enough to take $65,000 as an Airbus CA, then they're a safety risk anywhere on my airplane. Especially in the flight deck jumpseat.

Safety first. 'Nuff said.

Sounds like Netjets thinking about quitting to go to Skybus.

If I were you I would stick it out at NJA a couple of years, you might like having 2 three week vacations a year and enough hotel and airline mile points for a family vacation once a year, and job security that can't be touched.

Pay that will be well into the 6 figures and a 3 week vacation every 3 month after 5 years.
If that's the case, I agree 100%.

If you're talking about Skybus, I also agree 100%, stay where you are.

If you're talking about something else, you'll have to say so in order to give good advice.

So the amount of money a person makes, makes them a safety issue in your airplane. How about the color of there shoes or tie? What about any commuter f/o, how much do they make?

I could see denying a jumpseat to a scab. But denying it in the case of Skybus or VA, bad juju on you.

Yep. And if you took the same deal going with Vanguard, Midway, TransMeridian, Braniff, Eastern, Atlantic Coast, or any of a dozen other now-defunct airlines, the stock would be worth $0.

priceless.... I just had some options expire at Southwest. 510 shares = $0. They were underwater since I got here.

priceless.... I just had some options expire at Southwest. 510 shares = $0. They were underwater since I got here.

Well believe it or not, there are captains at jb with thousands of options in the 1-3 dollar or so range, so yes it can be done. Whether they cashed out at the high or rode the splits, I dunno. Options as a form of compensation BLOW! I have been at jb for 16 months; I have been underwater and I have had over 40K in options. A very big swing for a Seven Year Startup.

"Keep the pay low and give them options" says the little fairy, well I'm not buying it. He sneaks into your compensation package, that's all it takes. The next thing you know, there's a retirement plan missing off the dresser and your daughter's knocked up, I seen it a hundred times.

Last edited:
Well believe it or not, there are captains at jb with thousands of options in the 1-3 dollar or so range, so yes it can be done. Whether they cashed out at the high or rode the splits, I dunno. Options as a form of compensation BLOW! I have been at jb for 16 months; I have been underwater and I have had over 40K in options. A very big swing for a Seven Year Startup.

"Keep the pay low and give them options" says the little fairy, well I'm not buying it. He sneaks into your compensation package, that's all it takes. The next thing you know, there's a retirement plan missing off the dresser and your daughter's knocked up, I seen it a hundred times.

now that was funny...fell off the toilet!!! thanks for causing me to use my only post for 07'....see ya in 08'

Absolute Quality!!!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back