• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Would anybody leave.....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Would anybody leave..... a fairly stable job for a start-up airline? just want some feed back and ideas. I'm new at a new job (LESS THAN A YEAR) bottom of the seniority (2400 out of 2600).

Well, I knew a pilot that passed up going to a startup cargo outfit flying Falcon 20s to stay at a commuter. He would have been in the first class at this cargo outfit, named Federal Express. I also know guys that have bailed great jobs to go places like Vanguard and Proair. So, who really knows, because at one time Southwest was on the low end of the pay scale and people were leaving there to go to Northwest and United.

I dont think anyone is saying that it will not happen. At one time all our airlines were start-up. What people are saying is that statistically that its probably not going to happen. Especially now with so much saturation and the majors recovering that will soon be spoiling for a fight. If I was president ceo of all the airlines combined Skybus would be first on my list. Why you ask? Okay Ill tell you why. Because if I put them out of business their pilots are paid so low that they wouldnt even know they were jobless. They would still be standing in the same welfare lines, looking for section 8 housing and still buying the same cheap $hit toilet paper that melts in your @ss before it does any good.

Ok....I'm an aspiring pilot. I currently have a commerical/cfi rating and a multi-engine license. I make slightly over 30K/year at my crappy dispatching job. With that said..... PAY ME TO FLY AN AIRBUS FOR 65K/year!
I'll gladly take it! Who can't live comfortably on 65K/year? Especially in Columbus, OH? New York might be a different story, but Columbus?
As far as the stock options Skybus is offering....I wouldn't even think about that as part of my salary....that's just a nice bonus IF the stock was to take off. I guess I don't understand what the current standards for pay for an Airbus pilot are these days.....but getting paid 65K/year sounds pretty sweet for a guy like me, and getting to fly an Airbus an even sweeter deal at that. Just my two cents................wait for it, wait for it.......waiting for the first rude remark to come my way since it seems to happen everytime I voice an opinion..........wait for it, wait for it...........

Ok....I'm an aspiring pilot. I currently have a commerical/cfi rating and a multi-engine license. I make slightly over 30K/year at my crappy dispatching job. With that said..... PAY ME TO FLY AN AIRBUS FOR 65K/year!
I'll gladly take it! Who can't live comfortably on 65K/year? Especially in Columbus, OH? New York might be a different story, but Columbus?
As far as the stock options Skybus is offering....I wouldn't even think about that as part of my salary....that's just a nice bonus IF the stock was to take off. I guess I don't understand what the current standards for pay for an Airbus pilot are these days.....but getting paid 65K/year sounds pretty sweet for a guy like me, and getting to fly an Airbus an even sweeter deal at that. Just my two cents................wait for it, wait for it.......waiting for the first rude remark to come my way since it seems to happen everytime I voice an opinion..........wait for it, wait for it...........

Thats why they are offering ********************ty pay, cause of people like you!

I guess I don't understand what the current standards for pay for an Airbus pilot are these days.....

You don't need to understand it, you just need to read it. It's not that hard to find.

JetBlue A320 12 year FO $51 to $76 CA $110 to $139

NWA A320 12 year FO $30 to $93 CA $126 to $137

United A320 12 year FO $31 to $90 CA $118 to $131

USAir A320 16 year FO $25 to $85 CA $113 to $125

AWA A320 16 year FO $39 to $94 CA $121 to $142

That's most of the Airbus outfits....

...get online and do some reading if you want more info....

airlinepilotcentral.com

I find it funny how you talk as if I'm not in the room following this post. I will admit, if that's what the current pay is for captains on an airbus, then yes, 65K is pretty crappy by that standard. I'm just saying I wouldn't complain at this point in my life about making that kind of money, getting to fly an A-320. With that kind of cash I could get a nice house, pay back my student loans with ease, and probably be able to get a new car finally! It also helps that my wife works too, so there's extra income.
Has anyone ever thought maybe part of their biz plan in order to stay afloat is to initially have a lower starting pay so they will be able to pay back their creditors....then after they start making money they would be able to up the pay? Maybe they don't want to launch full balls-to-the-wall with this thing in order to have better long term stability?

amazing

It amazes me that anyone in 2007 thinks that 65k in any job is great pay! Wow, I guess when you live with Mom and Dad and they still pay your car insurance that kind of cash goes a long way.

Speaking of Airline Pilot Central, I thought I read on there that they were only hiring CA's at this point and that the mins were 5,000 hrs TT with 1500 TPIC? Am I wrong on this? If not, then the thread starter is a bit short on hours according to his profile. ~klr

Has anyone ever thought maybe part of their biz plan in order to stay afloat is to initially have a lower starting pay so they will be able to pay back their creditors....then after they start making money they would be able to up the pay? Maybe they don't want to launch full balls-to-the-wall with this thing in order to have better long term stability?

ROTFLMAO! No disrespect here, honestly.....but this post right here shows what a rookie you are in this business.

One thing you learn fast in this business is that promises made (I am saying this IF this is what the company were to use as an excuse for lower pay) by managment are bull$hit 100% of the time.

If pilots will work for this wage, TRUST ME, they will not just "up the pay" out of the goodness of their heart.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back