• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Worst Hotels you stay in?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
In White Plains with Pinnacle they used to send us to the absolute worst dump of a Holiday Inn in Terrytown, about a 30 minute drive away.

With AirTran, it was the Hyatt that was nice, but nowhere near anything for food and VERY pricey hotel food and bar.

Just got through staying there with Kalitta. I get to pick my own hotels. Try to stay in a reasonable price range and usually stay well under $100 a night, but was in HPN for two nights this weekend and was at the Crown Plaza.

LOVED IT!! Cheesecake Factory, Morton's Steakhouse, P.F. Changs, and Outbacks all within 100 yards of the hotel, plus the mall, movie theater 5 blocks away,,, Can't beat it!

NetJets usually stays at the Crowne Plaza as well; I'm generally very satisfied with it. I particularly like that the ice machines are on the other side of the elevators from the rooms, so I don't have to hear 'em. And a good location, I agree!

Clarion, Quality, and sadly these days Holiday Inns.

The green slime hotel in Addiss Ababa Three roaches working together could carry a grown man away and feed him to the mosquitos.

lear how in the world do you stay at a quality hotel for under 100 bucks a night?

taxes these days are starting to be like rental car insurance. Sure the rate is 120 but there is another 30 dollars in taxes......

lear how in the world do you stay at a quality hotel for under 100 bucks a night?

taxes these days are starting to be like rental car insurance. Sure the rate is 120 but there is another 30 dollars in taxes......
Can't in New York of course, but there's almost always a Hilton Garden Inn or a Marriott or a Sheraton 4 Points or something in most towns and the counter girls are always very helpful as long as you're nice to them...

Worst case scenario, a Hampton Inn is always close by and they're pretty decent. My hotel bill average from the last 2 weeks was about $90 a night including tax.

I'm a cheap bastard, but I like good hotels... :)

My vote is for the Comfort Inn at DTW when I worked at RAH. Bullet holes in windows, doors without deadbolts, jacuzzis in the room, etc.

What a world of difference in the quality of hotels we stay at since I began working at NetJets.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back