• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Worst FBO

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Signature MIA blows. As do all Signatures.

No service, wait here, wait there. We're too busy to talk to you. We'll get the GPU when we feel like it.

Oh, you're at customs. Okay, tell your pax to just sit and wait till we get around to sending a golf cart. Or you can try to park on our ramp...good luck with that!

What do you mean you think a $350 ramp fee is excessive? You had a cup of coffee didn't you?
(that one is a quote by the way!)

Crew car? ...sure, let's see...oh wait, the phone is ringing, see ya in a bit!

SIGNATURE world wide is the worst ever FBO franchise ever....world wide.

I hate them. I wish they would die. Okay, I wish NetJets would dump them, then they would die...

Yow

You guys really hate Signature that bad? And no I don't work for Signature. I have never had a problem at any Signature that a please and thank you didn't fix. Are you going in there acting like I'm the Captain and you ain't? Or are you going in there being nice to harried staff behind the counter? Chatting up the poor line guy? Or sitting there with a chapped a.. and giving the poor guy the business? There are better jobs out there and like us those folks like the flying business or else they'd be somewhere else. As the old song goes "try a little tenderness" and I bet you'll have a better time of it at these "problem" FBO's. I have even had good service at Jim's in San Diego, I don't know maybe it's me or maybe it's YOU!

CYYZ - Landmark/Piedmont-Hawthorne/Shell Aerocentre/Whatever the F they are called today.

Yes, I am here in a BE99 with crappy paint. But I do come here like once a week and I do top off and pay for your ridiculous ramp fees only to walk 1/2 mile in the rain and snow to get inside. Just because I'm not flying a shiny jet do you have to make it a point to treat me like crap? Not to mention I've been up for 24 hours and still have 3 more to get to my bed, you are fueling 12 other airplanes before me at 4:30am and I haven't eaten in 12 hours and all you have is a crappy coffee pot and cups with no covers and vending that only takes loonies and toonies or whatever the F they call them now and am just about ready to strangle the next person who ignores me about 15th my fuel request.

Now that I am flying something without props that doesn't need a forklift to be loaded I make it a point to spend as little $ as possible at every FBO in that chain. And, NO, Landmark IAD, I will not vote for you in the PRASE survey, why? call your sisters up in America Jr and ask them. Eh?

</RANT>

Oh, and +1 to the Signature sucks vote, too.

I cant believe what I have read here. I have been to a lot of these FBOs that you talk of, and I have never had a real bad experience. Sure some are cleaner, or have more ameneties than others, but I am not moving into an FBO, just passing thru.

the good (in my opinion)

SAN Jims Air....rampers are ALWAYS there to park us. And I like the trailer inside a hangar.

MIA Signature...again rampers are always there. Plenty of crew cars. Nice lounge. computers.

Most all Signatures, no complaints by me. Clean facilities. crew rooms. crew cars. rampers always waiting for us.

BFI Galvin...where do they get those hot girls?

the bad (in my opinion)

If I had to complain about any one in particular, it would be SAT. And I dont even know what it is. Maybe Landmark. That place is just old and ugly. Rampers are good, though. No crew room, and the computers never work.

JFK, thats not even an FBO.

You guys really hate Signature that bad? And no I don't work for Signature. I have never had a problem at any Signature that a please and thank you didn't fix. Are you going in there acting like I'm the Captain and you ain't? Or are you going in there being nice to harried staff behind the counter? Chatting up the poor line guy? Or sitting there with a chapped a.. and giving the poor guy the business? There are better jobs out there and like us those folks like the flying business or else they'd be somewhere else. As the old song goes "try a little tenderness" and I bet you'll have a better time of it at these "problem" FBO's. I have even had good service at Jim's in San Diego, I don't know maybe it's me or maybe it's YOU!

it's not you, it's me!:D

I really have to take issue with some of these replies

I really have to take issue with some of these replies . . .
While Signature FBO's are among the most expensive, they have always done a good job for me - and I see alot of them!
Jimsair likewise - has always done a good job and, in spite of the 'trailers inside the hanger' they have all the desired items - fuel, food, transportation, etc!
Swift in PHX is among the best I've experienced . . .
Sheltair LGA has a real lousy facility to deal with and logistics are challenging - but the are always responsive!
First Aviation has been at the absolute TOP of the BAD list up until recently - but since the change of ownership, the line guys have done a 180 turnaround - now if the desk folks would do the same!
Signature BWI hasn't always been great - but lately they've been fine.
Signature Boston likewise
Maybe you get treated the same way you treat them? ;)

Bad FBOs

Come on now folks, this is our opportunity to complain about bad FBOs.............the past few posts are far too positive! So, I'll drag the tone back down to where it rightfully belongs:

1. Atlantic SUN is a mixed experience. Great line guys but terrible desk girls. Rude on the phone and dumb in person. Always love walking up to a counter and waiting 5 minutes for them to look up.

2. Signature BOS.......apparently a pain felt by many.

3. Hawker-Beechcraft VNY....so unpredictable it is amazing. I hear it will soon become a Signature. At least then it will be consistently garbage.

To those suggesting grumpy pilots deserve Signatures treatment:

Let me get this straight.

On a list of bad FBO the majority of posts complain about Signatures nation wide.

How is that the pilots fault? I guess we all pick Signature to get grumpy and go get the treatment we deserve inside.

If one person said they get treated rude then fine. But when everyone says they blow then maybe, just maybe, they really do blow. Besides, it's hardly the poor service that I dislike about Signature. It's mostly the $350 to $400 cups of coffee I routinely buy there. Their ramp fees are simply obnoxious.

Does my bad attitude justify crazy ramp fees or do crazy ramp fees justify my bad attitude!

It's mostly the $350 to $400 cups of coffee I routinely buy there. Their ramp fees are simply obnoxious.

Does my bad attitude justify crazy ramp fees or do crazy ramp fees justify my bad attitude!

I guess since I dont pay for these ramp fees, it doesnt bother me.

Latest resources

Back