• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Worst Airport to Taxi Around?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
STL: descends in 1000' increments, 10kt speed reductions, ground has no clue what tower does, and there is always mail laying on the ramp. Didn't get your pay check last time? Some jet probably blew it into the next county.

LGA

DFW isn't bad once you get the hang of it.

ATC: "Do the shuffle Yankee bridge point six five"

Airplane: "do what?"

No one has mentioned LaGarbage? That place is always gridlocked. Airplane A is waiting to push, but is blocked by airplane B, which is trying to get out of the alley, but can't due to airplane C blocking the taxiway, which can't move due to airplane D, which is waiting for airplane A's gate. Break out the crane!

dav8or said:
I'm not too fond of BOS. Lots of runways in a small space. You talk to ground then tower then tower (2) You got Cape Air guys taxing in formation at V1 and best thing is the fog off the ocean.

I still remember the moderate turbulence while taxiing on the ice-rutted pavement at wintertime BOS years ago. Every trip for a week after a snow event included apologies to the pax. Has it improved since 1994?

Prop Trash said:

You would think an airport of that size can afford to buy blue taxi lights instead of the sticks. Anybody know what is up with that?

Any airport when the FO gets lost and the airplane is bouncing and the taxi chart is a blurr and the taxi markings are covered up with snow. Don't you just love getting old........

LGA is great. 4 taxiways.

BNA and MYNN. I need to activate the 4-wheel drive. Taxiways are so freakin' rough, no matter what speed, it's moderate chop.

And, BNA controllers still seem to think it's a hub airport.

I going to vote for DEN. Its not a hard airport as far as the layout, however, if you land runway 7 and need to go the GA ramp or the cargo ramp, you have to taxi for seven days and talk to seven controllers.

The only thing that is hard about ANC is the seventeen 747's on final and you cant understand one of them. Then try to get across the runway for an intersection departure off 6L.

ORD is horrible! One of the things that you boys sittin' up a little higher never really think about is that YOU DO sit up higher!! For example: Taxiway/Runway markings that are labled on the ground are really hard to see when you're flying a mighty 400 series Cessna.

MDW is pretty bad the first few times going into there(at night). Looks like someone played tic-tac-toe.

FD75:cool:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back