Worst Airport to Taxi Around?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Bad Taxi Airports

Bad Taxi Airports(CAN I GET A WORD INakaSHORTEN YOUR INSTRUCTIONS or SAY AGAIN) ORD, LGA, EWR(Depends on your gate), LAX (especially transiting north to south or viceverse),VNY(VanNuys,CA), and BOS(peak time)

LGA
when you-know-who is running the show...after 3 years or however long she's been there you'd think there'd be some sorta idea of working the system, but it can be 2 am on a Tuesday morning and she'll still get you head to head with traffic

i'm a little surprised at how many people mentioned yyz (toronto). i never seemed to have a problem there, but then again, haven't been there in a while. and as said above, it is all you're used to.. first few times in iah, i just said 'roger' and looked at my captain, hoping to god he caught it all! ord is perceived to be scarier than it is in reality.. just keep moving, and don't hit anyone!

i'd have to say, my most hated airport to taxi around in is STL... and that's not because of the taxiway layout or lack of signage or lights, or anything like that.. it's just one runway incursion waiting to happen after the other... with the big humps in the runways, when you're going uphill, and peak the top, i am just hoping to god, everybody heard the 'hold short's.

Another for YYZ... what a cluster!

DTW.. do it a few times and it is easy, unless it is Saturday and they are using the freq's that are not published anywhere. Beware for when they use the 9-27's for something other than a taxiway...

Latest resources

Back