• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

World Airways

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah, I figured that was the case as it was when I hired on here, but we have been slowly transforming. Whether that will be a good thing, remains to be determined. If our pax birds are flying all AMC and the freighters are flying all private contracts, then pax side is probably generating more revenue.

I know, but I don't want to download another thing on my computer. I need to just stick with Google's Chrome browser or quit using big words.

Pt P

I am probably way out of my league here, but anyone have a guess as to what experience and time would be competitive when they start hiring FO's?

I am very interested in flying for World and just had some questions. I hope someone will answer them for me please. If so I would appreciate it.

1) Is there still a training contract, and if so, is it prorated?

2) How does reserve work?

3) What are schedules like? All one long stretch or is it possible to get split trips? What are min days off? Does everyone work the same amount of days or can you get lines with more days off based on seniority?

4) When you DH overseas, is it Business Class or Coach and how much does DH pay?

5) Any duty rigs / work rules or do you only credit block / DH time?

Thanks for the info.

They do have a 2 year pro-rated training contract.
Reserve when you are home-based is not so bad. They call and you have 6 hours to call them back, and once they assign you a trip with your commercial to work, they have to give you 16 hours notice.....bottom line your not on a real short notice.
schedules vary....maybe sit home all month to be gone the entire time to 2 or three split schedules...Most bid lines are either 2 weeks on 2 off or a split into 2 trips.
Dead head is positive space, and normally full fare so we get lots of miles but unfortunately it is normally coach.
We get 4.8 hours of pay every day we are away from home, including the commute. Of course you get paid the higher of block, or THP but normally THP is greater.
With the 10's going away and many people swapping to 747, we have about 30% of the pilots needing training in next 9 months. I think we are going to desperately need pilots but the training is going to the stumbling block.

Thanks for the quick response.

Can a pilot who is senior enough to hold a line bid reserve?

So for DHs you basically get min day pay? Or is there a ratio of the total DH (ie 1 hour pay for every 2 hours DH) where you are able to get more than 4.8 hours on longer DHs?

Forgive me, but when you say two weeks on, two off that is somewhat vague. For instance, my friend said he recently did a 19 day trip which would be more than two weeks on.

How many days off per month is the min?

I know you said schedules vary, so does that mean a senior pilot has the potential to work less and get more days off?

One more question regarding the training contract. If you were to get furloughed and found another job, is it still binding?

Thanks for the quick response.

Can a pilot who is senior enough to hold a line bid reserve?

Yes

So for DHs you basically get min day pay? Or is there a ratio of the total DH (ie 1 hour pay for every 2 hours DH) where you are able to get more than 4.8 hours on longer DHs?

1 hr for every 2 hrs of deadhead

Forgive me, but when you say two weeks on, two off that is somewhat vague. For instance, my friend said he recently did a 19 day trip which would be more than two weeks on.

Sounds about right. In august I was out for 19 days then had the rest of the month off. This month my line had me out for 12, home for 12 then out for 6. There is no simple answer concerning our bidlines. They vary, but 2 on/ 2 off more of less is a good rule of thumb. The issue right now is we are short staffed, so some lines tend to go over the 2 weeks.

How many days off per month is the min?

12 with at least 6 days in one block.

I know you said schedules vary, so does that mean a senior pilot has the potential to work less and get more days off?

Maybe, not always. It's an individual choice. It's all about what you bid. Some people work more to make more money, some people bid shorter lines to spend more time at home with family. How much you work has little to do with senority and more to do with where you do or don't want to fly to, and what days off you want.

Thanks again for all the info. I just thought of one more question if you would be so kind.

How much vacation time a year do you guys get and when does it increase? How does using vacation days work?

Latest resources

Back