• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

World Airways Questions?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I got a call yesterday. I cannot make thier interview time next week. They were nice about it, but I could not get out of my trip for it. Oh well, maybe next time I will be off.

Cough.........cough - DRIVE!

I live in ATL and the CP's know each other. My guess is if I did that I would get caught with my pants down.

How does your profit sharing work? Is it 10% of profit or 10% of your annual pay that is contributed to the 401k?

Also, what is a typical month like, are you flying mostly relief or do you get much actual stick time and landings?

And what about time spent deadheading? On company aircraft or biz class on other airlines?

And lastly, what is the latest interview gouge? What kind of sim and profiile, CBT etc?

The current Chief Pilot is a good man. If you can't get the tiime off I am sure he will do what he can to interview you at a later time. I think honesty is the best policy with him. With that said there are limits so if you want the interview try to work it out.

MD11DRVR...you said you were going back to you room to study. This does not look like you are hitting the books to me...Mr. new Captain

I have to agree. I truly tried to get swaped out the trip, but with being off for the rest of the month, calling in sick was not an option. Not sicking out with a current employer to interview with a prospective employer is just good work ethic. If I did that, it would show a level of truthfullness that is not me. It may be a few months, but it is what it is, and honesty is always the best policy. From my interactions with World. It is a good company and I hope that I will get a call again soon...

MD11DRVR...you said you were going back to you room to study. This does not look like you are hitting the books to me...Mr. new Captain

These books are like a sleeping pill. Trying to stay awake. Don't jinx me the foruth stripe is not there yet......

How does your profit sharing work? Is it 10% of profit or 10% of your annual pay that is contributed to the 401k?
Its a percentage of pay. The more you work the bigger the check.
Also, what is a typical month like, are you flying mostly relief or do you get much actual stick time and landings?
It depends, some lines are two man, so lots of landings. Some lines are to Africa with a four man crew, so one landing for the month. Average is three landings a month.
And what about time spent deadheading? On company aircraft or biz class on other airlines?
Both, company aircraft and other airlines, mostly other airlines, but no business class unless >18 hours of travel time.

Well guys;
They called me to interview Mon-Wed. I went since I am local. It worked out really well. Not a bad process, but it is a little time consuming.
What I want to know is this. Is World a good enough job to turn down an interview in a few months at DL. I had a class date that was cut there in 01. The rest is history. I know the whole sure thing vs a maybe, what I am looking for is this. Is the company worth staying with for the long haul? It looked to me that even though you do not top out over 200K, you could make some good coin if you worked hard. The bennifits are better than any at the majors (currently.) That may change and may not. My wife is also due with our first in April. That is about the time that we are projected to finish IOE. Is the company willing to work with you even though you are not elgible to receive FMLA.
Any info/advice is welcomed.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back