World Airways is looking for pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Surprised

I'm shocked to see the ad on the web site. They have enough resumes to hire for attrition. Humm, I wonder what's up. Personally I've been home so much that I thought we had too many pilots. Its probably just wishful thinking on my part. If anyone interviews and gets the dirt let us know. I'm guessing they're hiring for the DC-10, which they're looking for to replace three MD-11s that are leaving in 10 months. This will include S/Os, so to the AF FE, go for it.

I have to admit that I am too. I was looking just out of idle curiosity. I figured that it would be a few months.
I know that when I bypassed a few months ago, I was told that they may be getting some more 10's. They were aggressively looking for 11's but, they are hard to come by.
I am hoping that I will get a call in a few weeks, but if it is for the 10 then I may not since I have over 6000 hrs of glass time.

What is up with the three UAL 74's in the desert? I know that you own them, and cannot get the conversion done, but is there any talk of if and when they will come on line?
BTW have you had any CA's leave?

Hey guys when did RK resign his post?

I guess that does not help the two of us that bypassed and are swimming in the pool?

I'm shocked to see the ad on the web site. They have enough resumes to hire for attrition. Humm, I wonder what's up. Personally I've been home so much that I thought we had too many pilots. Its probably just wishful thinking on my part. If anyone interviews and gets the dirt let us know. I'm guessing they're hiring for the DC-10, which they're looking for to replace three MD-11s that are leaving in 10 months. This will include S/Os, so to the AF FE, go for it.
Thanks!!!!! It (resume) has been sent....I'll be sending one in every other Monday!

What do they pay in training?

Do they put you up somewhere while in training?

Does anyone have a copy of the training agreement?

When I spoke to HR yesterday they said they were hiring MD-11 FO.

Thanks.

Pay is 1200 a month, plus 24 hr a day per diem. About 2700 or so a month.

Yes a hotel near the DAL training center.

I have a copy. It does not matter though. You cannot get out of it. You sign a promissory note as well. Basically 48K prorated 2000 a month until done. It starts on the day that you complete your line check.

I was told that RK resigned from one of the guys over there that is a senior fo.
Should be Capt Yeager as the new CP.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back