• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

World Airways is looking for pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They were going to hire six. ThE calls went out two days ago. March 7th class from what I have been told.

FWIW it look like they have been loosing a lot of pilots lately to UPS. Some have left within two years and had to pay back the remainder of the training contract.

FWIW it look like they have been loosing a lot of pilots lately to UPS. Some have left within two years and had to pay back the remainder of the training contract.
Paying off a $48k or less training contract to earn an average of $175k per year as an FO at UPS might be a smart short term sacrifice, although i'm not sure how World wants one to repay their note and over what timeframe etc.

I have no idea either. I bypassed on the class in Jan and did not get a call this time around. When I read the contract it did not stipulate how you were to pay it off.

It's a pro-rated contract... so if they stayed close to 2 years, it will only be a couple thousand dollars to buy out of it.

Good luck to all those that are hired and see you around Fort Delta for your FTD and sim training. I see World guys in the elevator all the time. I got the call for the interview, but am already in class down the street, haha.

ACL65- you got a class date for widgetland yet?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back