• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

World Airways is looking for pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
CRAP!!! I only have one type rating, but I am totally lacking their PIC Turbine......Anyone with other info would rock!!! Otherwise, I'll have to wait the 2 years to accrue the 1500 PIC turbine to be remotely competitive.....

When I interviewed I only had 280 PIC Turbine. But, I had over 1000 total multi engine PIC (1009 actually). I did have 4000 hr. of efis 121 time which is what he was looking for. I was offered the job. This was 2 years ago.

I am sure that since most of the majors are hiring, they will be looking for guys and gals that he thinks are willing to stick around. The mins may be moved a little bit if you are that guy.

When I interviewed I was the only one with out any internal LOR's and the only reason that I was there was AirInc. It was dumb luck.

I'd give my left nut to work for World....Its the genre of flying I want to do with home basing....I knew I shouldnt of chosen to be an FE in the USAF....1700 hours there, 2700 TT with 2200 ME, but not the 1000 PIC turbine.....Sounds to me they are dead set on the turbine PIC???? Anyone with info would be great.......At 35, I hope Im not running out of time to get on with them......The other 2 companies I want to fly for wont be hiring anytime soon...(ATA and Atlas)........

Sir I,

I would send them a resume anyway. I have a good friend at WOA with a similar resume to yours (USAF FE then PFE now rt seat MD11 and very soon in the left seat) it is doable.

My backgound is Army enlisted guy, A&P, not enough college to count towards anything but I do know how to work hard and that can go a long ways. The worst that may happen is you don't get a call. Keep sending it anyway. The job I had flying the DC8 was aquired by bugging the hell out of the Dir of TRNG. They were big on internal recs and I did not have any. I faxed him 2 resumes a week for 2 months and he finally called me for an interview. The other outcome I was expecting was a restaining order but I got the job.

An awful lot of obstacles will move out of the way in the face tenacity. Good luck!!!

I just happened to be taking a break from my taxes.
6.5 years with company- Captain on MD-11
9700 per diem.
164961.11 wages
have had some months where I was gone over 20 days
have had several months where I was home every single day.
on averageI would say I work 15 days per month--- that includes all commuting so I actually have a lot more time at home than when I commutted to AA Eagle. With that being said it is not for everyone, and can still be tough on the wife.

Big Sky
Are you guys loosing a lot of people? They just hired 8 in Jan. When I deferred I was told at least late spring.

I'd give my left nut to work for World.

Left nut not required. But you do have to sign a $48K 2-yr training contract.

At 35, I hope Im not running out of time to get on with them......The other 2 companies I want to fly for wont be hiring anytime soon...(ATA and Atlas)........

One of the nice things about World is they hire across the age spectrum, including guys in their 50's. But if you're single with no ties, this could very well be one of the best jobs in aviation outside the legacies or FedEx/UPS.

Left nut not required. But you do have to sign a $48K 2-yr training contract.

One of the nice things about World is they hire across the age spectrum, including guys in their 50's. But if you're single with no ties, this could very well be one of the best jobs in aviation outside the legacies or FedEx/UPS.

Agreed, A great adventure, and better pay than most.

I think we have lost a few lately... mostly UPS and Fed Ex. Some have taken recalls at United and stuff like that so we are losing a few.
I have to state the obvious and say that Fed Ex and Ups offer a degree of long term stability that you cant help but envy. If I was a new hire and offered something there I think the choice is obvious. As far as the job and variety of flying, coupled with home basing World is probably one of the best places in the World to work, for as long as it last. I personally looked at UPS, and some over seas carriers, and have friends going to UPS, CAthay, Emirates and when I look at there lifestyle, commute , and everything together I honestly am not very motivated to send out my resume.
That being said I am very afraid to offer anyone career or financial advice... All I can say is Goodluck

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back