World Airways Hiring?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Any truth to the rumor?

Like the other guy said, with guys on the street, who knows?

Not like it matters, my time isn't competitive AT ALL.

But I sent my resume to my buddy there right before they shut down hiring. He said "yep, gave it to em, you're in the short stack. Problem is, that short stack is pretty tall right now, with A LOT of competitive/qualified guys"

I already asked it here. What are you the "majors" police they have been around longer and made more money than most of the "majors"

If you can't take a little suggestion about something simple like what forum to post a question on without copping an attitude, you can rest assurred you won't last five seconds at a place like World. The first time you snark at one of their instructors over some procedural item you'll find yourself in the parking lot starting your journey back home.

If you can't take a little suggestion about something simple like what forum to post a question on without copping an attitude, you can rest assurred you won't last five seconds at a place like World. The first time you snark at one of their instructors over some procedural item you'll find yourself in the parking lot starting your journey back home.

Now, how would you know?

World does it the old way. It is not your kinder gentler company. Great group of guys though!

Col. Savage and others you're right World is old school in their training so its best to come with you're A game for sure. Col. I do not think you meant any disrespect towards WOA by your suggestion to ask in another forum, but with that said I have personally seen the lack of respect some of the Legacy carrier pilots show to WOA crews as if we are less than progressional or worthy since we are "Just another Non Sched". Granted it's a very small group that seems to display this holier than thou attitude. Its funny how we look really good when the Legacy carriers furlough and the holier than thou crowd are looking for a job. But if they are not found out in the interview they usually are found in the course of training.

As for hiring without a recall first of those on furlough would seem highly unlikely if not downright impossible. The Union would not stand for such actions and I am confident the DO and the CP wouldn't even consider something like that. I feel strongly that the Flt Ops Mgmnt. team are all honorable men and will do the right thing by the crews on furlough first. Just my .02........Good Night to all!

When I went through the training at World, it was great. They expected a lot out of you but if there was something you were hung up on they did everything to make you feel good about it. I say again..they expect a lot out of you and you can't be out drinking every night like at some of the recent training I went through. The instructors were great and the Delta facility was great. World is a great company.

I agree, World it top notch, and I would have gone there, if live events would have not gotten in the way. Everyone that was hired when I was love it and wants to make the place their final stop! It is not just another non-sked by a long shot!

Latest resources

Back