Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

working for Chautauqua Airlines/Republic Airlines?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
TurbineMan said:
Any CHQ guys out there that can help. What is the first year pay? What can you expect after 2 or 3 years? Are benefits good? Are you treated well? Any info would be appreciated.

First year pay is 21.52/Hr (Goes up @ $0.45 in OCT.) plus 1.45/hr PerDiem. You are guaranteed 75hrs/mo. Initailly paid a perdiem in training, then guarantee after 30 days. Hotel is paid double occupancy in training. Reserve time depends on the base, and how many are hired into it (runs between 1 to 6 months) Bases are everyfrigginwhere east of the Mississippi. Look at their website. Guaranteed 11 days off reserve, 12 as a lineholder. Most average about 15.

Presently,they say you can expect to upgrade in about 2 years. Benefits are good, non-rev benes depend on where based and in what equipment (IOW, whichever code share(s) you fly for, you have NR with them) Health, dental reasonable; vision free.

We're treated fairly well. (except for the beatings) I've been here a touch over a year, and I like it.

Thanks FLAMINGFUPA & SLEDDRIVER.

I got into aviation late in my life. I'm 40 years old and married with kids. I don't think I could survive on $17,000 even for a year. Pay would have to increase rapidly and drastically for me to be able to do this. I though about going through the interview process just for the experience of interviewing but I don't think that would be fair to those who really wanted the job. I guess I will continue to try and find a better paying corporate job, although that, I have found, is very difficult without a type rating.

CHQ is a great place to be right now. I understand that you are a little older and have an established family. The movement at CHQ is very good right now. Of course, it may not stay like this forever; but the growth will continue through the end of 2006. We still have another 50 E170 to take delivery of and If you get in now you can expect an upgrade within 18 to 22 months for the E145/135. The E170 is beginning to become more senior now; Upgrade on the E170 would take you about 2 years maybe 30 months. We do have a good contract, Pay could always be better, and a descent QOL. If you're looking for a regional to finish out your flying career, CHQ would be a good one. I would also Recommend Express Jet and Comair; as they are two excellent and well established companies. Both of them have pretty good contacts as well.

Good Luck in your choice and I hope this helps you!

How long does it take to get a call from Chq. i would sacrifice money for QOL. How is commuting and what bases are the junior bases.

Chq

federico said:
How long does it take to get a call from Chq. i would sacrifice money for QOL. How is commuting and what bases are the junior bases.

you would probably be offered the 170 with your time - bases are IND and ORD right now -145 bases are everywhere ( like 9 of them) - I think IND is junior for the 170, but from everyone I've talked to it is no problem getting the base they want - you won't sit reserve long if at all - I've been there since April, didn't sit reserve, have a line with 16 days off this month - good QOL in my opinion

pay can be better than advertised

First year pay; Guaranteed $19800 so $22.00/hr plus 52 cent raise Oct 1, and you will go to $30 year 2.

The pay works out better than your estimate of $17000 The guarantee is 75 but you most likely will fly more or at least get paid for more. Ex; I have a trip today, an out and back while on reserve that is blocked at 2:45, I am guaranteed 4hrs for just showing up. By the 15th of the month I will have accumulated 50 hrs of pay. Last month I was paid for 90 hrs. You can beat the system if you learn to work it. Also if you are a cheapskate like me per diem is huge. $36/day. I spend less than $10/day. I know guys that can spend less than $10/on a 4 day. Anyway this all adds up to over $400 tax free per month.

If you count per diem, and can catch a little more flying you can make closer to $26,000 on first year pay.

I'm not saying this is good, I am just trying to look at it a little differently than everyone else. I also took a large pay cut to come to CHQ, but for now it has been worth every penny. I think a little short term sacrifice is worth QOL that this flying has over what I was previously doing. Many factors to look at here but it made sense for me.

Latest resources

Back