• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Words of a Scab.....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
JetBlue is hiring. These two guys could get a fresh start over there.
Those pilots have zero control over their "share-holder-friendly and oh-so-flexible" seniority list.

I don't doubt they could get hired. I don't know anyone who would give them the time of day of it wasn't on the checklist though.

"oh-so-flexible"? What is that supposed to mean?

I hope no airline will hire them. It has to fly with HR legally, though.. Otherwise they will sue and win potential earnings up to age 65. I hope jetblue [or any other] pilots on the interview team will fry them on technical stuff.

Scabs are truly sad to fly with. Ton of them at CAL.

Last edited:
The irony is that if he had stranded the airplane in the islands he'd probably be hailed as a hero.

you're either strong or your not- and we definitely don't need weak dick pilots -

"who's going to pay my bills?" should follow him the rest of his life....

Scabs are truly sad to fly with. Ton of them at CAL.

There-in lies the issue, there should be NONE....

First and foremost, SCABing is one of the worst things you can do....comes right after priests screwing little boys in the butt.....

And without reservation I have an incredible amount of respect for the SPIRIT MEC.

But for decades, ALPA, IMHO has done very little to discourage the practice....which is typical of a 'white collar' union.....

With that said, if this thread and the one over at APC do anything at all, it's to underscore the need for the UNION TO SET THE EXAMPLE of integrity. And ALPA and many of their MEC's have never really done that....

Now, before you start bashing me, think about it....

You SCAB a Teamster picket line, you get assassinated. Then your spouse, then your children. All this AFTER your house gets burned down.

Not saying its right, but we're talking reality here....

SCAB an ALPA picket line, you get a name on a list and you can't jumpseat. BFD!!! And then you go right back to work, back on an ALPA seniority list, and, well, you get the picture...

Please spare me your arguments for ALPA's decisions in dealing with their own SCAB's!

Now, back to the movie.....

This quote was from the APC forum:

"Onno would have been one of the biggest hero's of the strike had he called sick rather than flying the return leg. There will be many sad stories before this strike is over. Lost incomes, lost marriages, lost relationships, life-long resentments and hard feelings, those are the casualties of strikes -- all strikes. There will be innocent folks involved in all them"

Sad stories? I say it's an opportunity to find out if you married the right girl or not- See if she has as much integrity as you do. If she walks- that's a HAPPY day, whether it feels like it at the time or not.

SCAB an ALPA picket line, you get a name on a list and you can't jumpseat. BFD!!! And then you go right back to work, back on an ALPA seniority list, and, well, you get the picture...

Well it seems to be sufficiently compelling that only two umptillionths of Spirit's schedule has been completed, and a TA has been reached in 4 days. Unless the TA is a complete joke I'd call the strike a success.

Scabs have been called many things by many people during the course of labor history but Jack London’s description of the scab, “written with barbed wire on sandpaper,” easily dwarfs all others.

“After God had finished the rattlesnake, the toad, the vampire, He had some awful substance left with which He made a scab.

A scab is a two-legged animal with a cork-screw soul, a water-logged brain, a combination backbone of jelly and glue. Where others have hearts, he carries a tumor of rotten principles.

When a scab comes down the street, men turn their backs and angels weep in heaven, and the Devil shuts the gates of Hell to keep him out.

No man has a right to scab so long as there is a pool of water to drown his carcass in, or a rope long enough to hang his body with. Judas Iscariot was a gentleman compared with a scab. For betraying his master, he had character enough to hang himself. A scab has not.

Esau sold his birthright for a mess of pottage. Judas Iscariot sold his Savior for thirty pieces of silver. Benedict Arnold sold his country for a promise of a commission in the British Army. The modern strikebreaker sells his birthright, his country, his wife, his children and his fellow men for an unfulfilled promise from his employer, trust or corporation.

Esau was a traitor to himself: Judas Iscariot was a traitor to his God; Benedict Arnold was a traitor to his country; a strikebreaker is a traitor to his God, his country, his wife, his family and his class.”

I think that sums it up......welcome to the club you can never quit from and will forever be haunted by....

Well it seems to be sufficiently compelling that only two umptillionths of Spirit's schedule has been completed, and a TA has been reached in 4 days. Unless the TA is a complete joke I'd call the strike a success.

I completely agree Cardinal!

Good job for those folks. Can't wait to see the details.

I'm certainly not advocating crossing a picket line, but do you have any documentation to back up the Teamster assassinations and arson?

Now, before you start bashing me, think about it....

You SCAB a Teamster picket line, you get assassinated. Then your spouse, then your children. All this AFTER your house gets burned down.

Not saying its right, but we're talking reality here....

I'm certainly not advocating crossing a picket line, but do you have any documentation to back up the Teamster assassinations and arson?

Not specifically snow-back in recent history, but has occured in the past. Historically, blue-collar unions I think handle SCABS differently, but maybe not. It is an interesting discussion, as I would love to know how many Teamster SCABS and, say, UAW SCABS are still on their respective seniority lists. Or, say if those respective seniority lists have any SCABS at all on them.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back