• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Wn/fl!!?!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey Gen: Out of curiosity. What's the average longivity to hold X-mas off or bid vacation that week at mother Delta?

Depends on the plane. If you are on the NYC MD88 where people tend to bid off as soon as they get it, you might get Xmas off in your first year. Being junior on anything means flying holidays. As far as getting a week off during Xmas etc, you would have to be in the top 15% of the category I would suppose. But, there are plenty of lines out there, and even some reserve lines, that can get you a holiday off.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I don't think I'll work at any of those places. Like I said. If I can't get on with SWA or FedEx I'll just go to Delta and stay current until I can move up in the world. I know it would be a blow to my pride to have to work at Delta, but that's what you have to do some times to get to the big leagues...and big money.

Glad you like the avatar. I'm not sure why you say "good memories." I really don't tend to look back fondly at failures. But if your a loser, failure (and pay cuts) are just part of the game. I'm sure you have good memories from Ch 11 as well. Hope your next pay cuts will be remembered as fondly as your latest ones.

Good job changing up the log in. Tell your other personalities hello for me. I haven't seen you using HeavySet much lately. I know that JMoney got banned...maybe you should use Midge to freshen things up. Your pretty busted there bm.

I don't think Song was necessarily a "failure" at all. Overall, it didn't make money in the end because it had one plane type, that often was too big for the route. We knew there were a lot of people that wanted low fares only (not a first class product) on some city pairs like Hartford to Tampa, but in reality only a MD88 could do well on that route. Leo Mullin had to react to Jetblue with their shiny new TVs, and our Delta Express product on the 737-200 was not going to be able to compete. Express was created to fight Southwest and Metrojet, not Jetblue. So, Leo experimented with Song, and Song won a lot of awards for service and innovation. I enjoyed it very much, primarily because most of the stews were younger, and the atmosphere was fun, especially during the down days of early BK. Overall, it was a bit of a financial failure, but we learned which routes needed which planes (MD88 vs 757), we learned passengers really liked our Inflight Entertainment systems--which we are now installing on any plane flying a route over 1700NM, and we learned that we needed to keep the Song type customer service and TRY to bring that over to mainline if possible, which we slowly are. I really enjoyed SONG, and the flying was a piece of cake---2 leg days with Florida layovers in the Winter, and NYC or BOS layovers in the Summer. It was great. Your limited knowledge on Song and it's reason for being are apparent.

Bye Bye--General Lee

So you tell the generals name and tanker clown shows his picture. Funny I figured GL for a pig with alot of pimpples :)

No, that is the average Southwest customer in Lubbock.....;)

Bye Bye--General Lee

Naming

You Said it Daddy 737Pylt/General LEE are the same guy His real Name is ********* His a New Hire Mentor Pilot Too! which is pretty Sad and Pathetic!

I use to work with this fat slob back in my regional days was a Tool back then and Still Is!

Yes I outed him Sorry Maybe I'll Get Banned by a Moderator but it will be well worth it if he gets permanently banned alog with his other usernames.

737Pylts been Banned TWICE! For acting like a Complete Jerk on every thread that he Hijacks and I think the Moderators need to act on this!

Please Bill Show us all how your gonna tell us little Netjets Pilots that are making as much money as you are that I need to go clean my Lav Again! As that's the Best thing you can say! it's funny cuz everyone I know just tips 10 bucks to the line guy then claims 20 bucks on the expense report.

Merry Christmas All I'm gonna go get into my sedan Limo now for my ride from DFW to DAL to go clean another LAV as Bill would have everyone think!

My name is BILL??? Well, now, maybe, you got me???? Nah, you didn't........right?

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited by a moderator:
HOly Crap!

I have lost 20 minutes of my life reading this inane thread. The sad thing was, I couldnt stop. I am now dumber for it, and may God have mercy on my soul.

My name is BILL??? Well, now, maybe, you got me???? Nah, you didn't........right?

Bye Bye--General Lee

What can I say...you just leave a wake of people that have nothing but great things to say about you. (sarcasm implied).

I think popgoesbubble totally outted you. You even told me your name was Bill. It's all pretty common knowledge that you use several screen names.

By the way, how can you not consider Song a failure? They didn't make money did they? Unless Delta is a non-profit organization (and by looking at their balance sheet for the last 7 years profits have been rare), then Song was a failure. I guess calling Delta to a non profit is kinda a low blow to all non profits. Let me restate, Delta is a negative profit organization.

By the way, sorry Song couldn't make money with a single aircraft type. Someone better mention that to Southwest. They have 500+ of the same type of jet. But I'm sure they don't have the talent and leadership that Song was blessed with.

i will have to admit from experience, that the Air Force does compensate its pilot pretty good with all the different pay put together. I was Air Force, still in the reserves and I do fly for a Legacy and it is at first hard to try to change your lifestyle to the pay reduction, but in the end, its all a crap shoot. Who knows what airline will be around tommorow, who know who will aquire who. Just a crap shoot

What can I say...you just leave a wake of people that have nothing but great things to say about you. (sarcasm implied).

I think popgoesbubble totally outted you. You even told me your name was Bill. It's all pretty common knowledge that you use several screen names.

By the way, how can you not consider Song a failure? They didn't make money did they? Unless Delta is a non-profit organization (and by looking at their balance sheet for the last 7 years profits have been rare), then Song was a failure. I guess calling Delta to a non profit is kinda a low blow to all non profits. Let me restate, Delta is a negative profit organization.

By the way, sorry Song couldn't make money with a single aircraft type. Someone better mention that to Southwest. They have 500+ of the same type of jet. But I'm sure they don't have the talent and leadership that Song was blessed with.

At the time Southwest started flying in Florida, they had 4 types of 737s--737-200s (smallest), 737-500s (-200s with -300 engines), 737-300s, and they were just starting to get 737-700s. They could deploy different sizes on different routes up and down the East Coast. Leo Mullin, on the otherhand, decided to only use 193 passenger 757s on the same routes. Some routes could use all of those seats, and others could not. We now use MD88s and 737-800s on some of those routes, and they are doing a lot better for us, along with some 757s at peak times. So you see, you really can't use your "Southwest only uses one type and they can be profitable...." notion when comparing our 757s with their 737s. Clearly, they had and have the right size plane now on those routes, and so do we now. Song was fun, and we learned a lot. You need to start "learning" a bit too---your arguments have no substance. You don't really know the history of what happened either.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back