• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

WN Expresses Interest in LGA/DCA Slots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So why doesn't SWA just get a bigger airplane? The B737-900ER could hold 215 passengers verse the -700 125 plus or minus a little. SWA could almost double capacity with the same slots at LGA now. If Gary really thought there was a demand you would think he would do something about it. Guess not.

I bet a SWA pilot couldn't fly a -900. The -900 is too much of a plane for a plane for a corn dog weenie.

-900? Don't even know what that is. Different type rating we'd have to pay for I suppose. PFT.

Gary knows nothing. Preserved jobs, pay raises, 2010 in the black, and the stock is at 52 week high.

Again, -900, WAY too much airplane for us. Their's no way we could fly that thing! I bet it even has autobreaks and authrottles. Oh my.

Can I PM you for gouge when we get "big" airplanes?

Last edited:
Now if we only had real competition with the insurance companies like we have with all the airlines we have today maybe we could afford to have coverage or even get sick and see a doctor!!

In its ruling, the DOT said the divestitures were necessary because, at both airports, it is likely that the proposed transaction would make the dominant airline even more dominant and more able to increase fares --- which are already high compared with other airports in the same area.

That is Why.

So the DOT is blocking the swap deal unless both cariers give slots and gates to WN? Why would WN willingly want to get airplanes stuck in two airports that routinely have 3-4 hour EDCT's?

They never said to WN, The article stated another Airline...They either go to the highest Bidder OR they get split amongst the Airlines the DOT wants to share them with, Doubt the proceeds will go to the

ANd, The same was said about Philly, They reevaluate the schedule many times and work around the Big Delays....LGA makes no sense to me either...
BUT in my previous life, I only remember 1 huge Delay in DCA (Once when THE CONTROLLERS were up againist the wall for the Curfew due to this huge line of storms that went through and they were launching EVERYTHING that was not stage three compliant before 11PM. Then they offered to let you pay $10000 fine (i remember a TWA crew said they had Authorization from their Chief Pilot but that was along time ago!)

KBB

Last edited:
Their's at least one -700. NxxxHK.

I think their is a N***CB and their may also be a 300 painted as "Classic One"...The -700 "CB" and HK" may be the only "Classic ONE"'s left.

I'm starting a "Bring back the CornDAWG" Campaign. (and Hot FA's with Hotpants... But that's a pipe dream!)
KBB

So why doesn't SWA just get a bigger airplane? The B737-900ER could hold 215 passengers verse the -700 125 plus or minus a little. SWA could almost double capacity with the same slots at LGA now. If Gary really thought there was a demand you would think he would do something about it. Guess not.

I bet a SWA pilot couldn't fly a -900. The -900 is too much of a plane for a plane for a corn dog weenie.

Hey, Lovestohavethecock, I know a great deal of SWA pilots that have flown aircraft that carry way over 215. I am just a poolie and have flown many heavies, so to speak, and could out fly some mouthy turd, like you, on accident. :D

In its ruling, the DOT said the divestitures were necessary because, at both airports, it is likely that the proposed transaction would make the dominant airline even more dominant and more able to increase fares --- which are already high compared with other airports in the same area.

That is Why.

Oh so it's OK to use the government to compete?? Where was SWA when slots were first introduced?? F-ing around the Texas Triangle on the back of Herb's napkin and now you want the g-men to help you out? sorry.......

Latest resources

Back