• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

"..With You.."

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I promise I will now say 'With You' with every controller I ever talk to the rest of my life-clearance, ground, FSS, Even OPS--- til all you miserable bastards get so fed up with 'punks' like me and retire- or even better, commit suicide.

Get a friggin life.

ERfly said:
So you're telling me that all of these CHQ/Comair/ASA/Colgan/Hell even Our F/Os are ex-fighter jocks?! Wow! I am way underqualified!!

No. Those are the guys who are saying "On the hold" cause they think it sounds like big jet talk."On the hold" makes no sense at all. "On to hold" works overseas as well when you are told to "Line up and wait".

Aviation hasn't been worth a $h!t since they renamed the taxiways at ORD!

"Outer, bridge, wedge, cargo, See Ya!" :D TC

FL717 said:
The other morning I had a controller ask me "What is your ride like". I was tempted to say "its a 1999 Oldsmobile....... how about yours". But I didn't.

Instead I exercised restraint and correctly said "Well.....the seat belt sign is off".

Was that proper AIM verbage?
How about?

"Iron Lung 3434, say speed?"

"Speed!"

jobear said:
Rodger was in a class all by himself, I know of atleast ten people who tried to get the last word in and never could...Jobear
Yea, he was always nice to have on the radio. I made it to his home town once while flying a charter into Emmetts (sp?) burg Iowa. The airport cronies took me out for breakfast and made sure I wasn't lonely waiting all by myself at the field all day.

Ashamed of my roots

Fly Chick,
You need to lighten up and stop taking yourself so seriously. And laughing at a student is not what I would consider to be very professional behavior on your part. -------------Edited due to not having my morning coffee yet and a bad nights sleep. Please relax a bit, though. It makes all us Riddle folks look uptight.---------------

Last edited:
How can you have 21,000 hours, and make a post like this? Check pilot to the world I guess. You would think after that much experience you would have made enough mistakes to have at least a little humility. Do me a favor, and remember this post next time you drop one in from 50 feet.

How about we just forget saying "hello, how are you?" and things like Goodbye as we are not there anymore it should be obvious.,

Why do we check in with Center by saying their name? I mean, Center knows who they are and half the time we're wrong anyway.

I check in with my call sign and altitude. That's it.

Oh, and ALWAYS use the runway numbers when replying to any ground clearance. A good friend was killed when he said, "On the right side", instead of using the proper runway name.

Latest resources

Back