Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
blingair said:
...I'm not WITH YOU on this one.

Me either...I still don't use "With You" for that.

APP: Cessna 123, switch to my frequency 123.55
*switch*
Me: Approach, Cessna 123 on 123.55

No "with you" there...

-mini

AngelKing said:
God has spoken, he doesn't say "with you" but still uses "over and out".

Tonight at my church we had a Christmas concert. The pastor said twice that Jesus Christ is "WITH YOU" tonight. How bout that one!!

minitour said:
Me either...I still don't use "With You" for that.

APP: Cessna 123, switch to my frequency 123.55
*switch*
Me: Approach, Cessna 123 on 123.55

No "with you" there...

-mini

I see! So you say because you don't use it, then it must be incorrect, correct? That logic works only so long as you do not wish to continue the learning process. Does it not?

How about this

Center: Execjet xxx say ride conditions

Pilot: Eastbound, hammered down, without a frown.

(I'm not kidding either. Netjets Falcon 2000)

A Squared said:
Yeah, "got em on the fishfinder" that's another winner.
When ATC calls traffic, you either have visual contact, or you don't. That's the only thing ATC wants to hear from you.

.................ATC is required to call the traffic and keep calling it until you see it, or you pass.) So telling the controller you "have em on TCAS" tells the controller nothing useful, and wastes time You may have noticed that even though somone calls "got em on the TCAS", the controller keeps giving point outs on the traffic..........

Its also dangerous.
I read an NTSB report on a near-miss (don't even start on this if you don't know what it means) between a Cactus 73 and a 402. The controller admitted she stopped paying attention to the VFR 402 because the 73 said they had him on TCAS. The 73 guys ended up badly injuring a flight attendant attempting to get back to their altitude after the TCAS RA was over.

Since I saw the Oct or Nov "with you" thread I now use WITH YOU at every possible radio call just to piss off the tight a$$es who started this whole thing.:uzi:

AND if you say "flight level three, five, oh" instead of "zero" but biotch about "with you" then you are not only a hypocrite but a loser as well.

I suppose I shouldn't say "see ya" to the controllers either since I'll probably never see them?....................:p

Last edited:
minitour said:
On the hole - I believe it's "On to hold" and I've only heard that from military guys here...SOP for them?

Well then you don't do much flying out of ATL. And yes, I believe it's Air Force, where "pos and hold" is Navy. Of which we have neither flying into and out of ATL, yet you hear it several times an hour.

atrdriver said:
Well then you don't do much flying out of ATL. And yes, I believe it's Air Force, where "pos and hold" is Navy. Of which we have neither flying into and out of ATL, yet you hear it several times an hour.

Possibly former military? Just speculating of course, but that could be why.

-mini

Latest resources

Back