• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

With the lord anything is possibe

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Interesting thread to say the least. A few points to ponder....

1) If God is your co-pilot, switch seats.

2) Be tolerant off all religions, you never know who's backing the right horse.

3) In this current environment, any new gimmick to fill seats will be embraced by management, (Maybe this new start-up will serve PF Chang's for inflight?):rolleyes:

Pt. 121 application

Thanks for all the comments in regard to my inquiry a/b hooking up w/ the right people to get advice pertaining to the commencement of appl. for a 121 cert. Proceedings this week have gone well. I am certain the many obstacles, barriers, and objections will be overcome, and to an even greater extent prove to be an invaluable edification of our resolve.
I would never want to give the impression that this endeavor was for the purpose of jamming religion down anyones throat. I would strive to have anyone whom we come in contact with to at least ponder the fact that this organization is operating under precepts that are biblical. If they thought we were followers of Christ, then ever other facet of our establishment would be secondary. For at least our actions were speaking louder than our words. I've been in the airline business for 22 yrs with 7 carriers, God knows I'm not a preacher or I'd have started a church by now!
May He continue to Bless you.

I would never want to give the impression that this endeavor was for the purpose of jamming religion down anyones throat.

Let me respectfully submit that I'd have to see that to believe it. Also, I see that everyone was much more mature than I and didn't respond to my previous smart-a$$ reply. For that I salute you. I was being an immature jerk.

And I'd also like to reiterate that I have a lot of respect for Turbo (and I don't give a rat's a$$ about his career choices) and for TimeBuilder. Both gentlemen have always been mature, respectful, and quite informative. My quarrel is with Christianity (and Islam and Judaism), and not with individuals. If my actions sometimes make it appear otherwise ... I sincerely apologize.

It's just that the title of this thread was bound to garner a response from myself and a couple others of like mind. And unfortunately, this kind of statement tends to bring out the worst in me.

Reverend Thich Minh Thong

Snakum,

I, for one, enjoyed your previous smart-a$$ reply.

You'll note that all it takes is a title like this one to bring out all the thumpers who think nothing of espousing their beliefs ad nauseam. There's no reason you should feel the need to apologize for poking fun at one of the many absurdities of life.

P.S. I'll assume your wishes have not yet come true, which I'll accept as further proof of the non-existence of You-Know-Who. :D

I know this is pretty futile and don't know why I bother, but here goes anyway . . .
I just wonder why all the enlightened pilot-god types (small g) here feel so justified in bashing Christians for no apparent cause, but would most likely (and rightly so) come to the vigorous defense of some black pilot being bashed for no good reason.
Maybe the original poster was yanking our chain and maybe not, but in any case in no way did he give me any indication that he was a "nut-case religious fanatic."
It seems all it takes to bring the cat calls is simply to mention Christianity at all. If you chose not to believe, then right on brother, it's your choice, but how about showing some respect for a fellow pilot and the decorum that would reflect on you as a professional.

Good post prodigal!

I never have figured out why every other so called group can blow their horn, but Chirstians... they should know their place. I am personally offended to read some of the statements/attacks that were posted. I spend 20 days a month sharing a cockpit with whomever I am scheduled to fly with. I can assure you that I have never scared anyone I flew with nor made them feel the least bit uncomfortable. Maybe I don't fit the stereotype, your stereotype.

I hope you will treat me respectufully and without prejudice if we ever meet or fly together, because that is exactly how I will treat you.

Okay now, we heard enough of Jesus and the Lord hanging out in a 747-400.

Now what about the little green men? I've heard they are everywhere, must be after PF chang chickens so watch it.

Buck

PF Changs

Yeah the food is great, but it is overpriced. However, their is a spin off chain restaurant (same owners) that serves almost the same exact food (lettuce wraps, honey shrimp, my favorites!) but for half the price. There are a couple of them in the Phoenix area, but unfortunately i left the country 6 months ago and cant for the life of me remember the name of the place. If i can recall the name, i will post it. mmmmmm, chinese food.

prodigal said:
I know this is pretty futile and don't know why I bother, but here goes anyway . . .
I just wonder why all the enlightened pilot-god types (small g) here feel so justified in bashing Christians for no apparent cause, but would most likely (and rightly so) come to the vigorous defense of some black pilot being bashed for no good reason.
Maybe the original poster was yanking our chain and maybe not, but in any case in no way did he give me any indication that he was a "nut-case religious fanatic."
It seems all it takes to bring the cat calls is simply to mention Christianity at all. If you chose not to believe, then right on brother, it's your choice, but how about showing some respect for a fellow pilot and the decorum that would reflect on you as a professional.

Prodigal, none of the "enlightened pilot-god types" (these are your eloquent words, sir) you talk about use screen names that religion-bash, start threads for that express reason, or end their posts with an auto-signature quote that religion-bashes.

However, the reverse IS true. Many believers that who post to this board wear their religion on their sleeves, on their avatars, on their screen names, in their posts and in their auto-signatures.

It doesn't bother me to read these things because all of you are free to say and believe what you do. But WE, sir, are also free to disagree and free to say so. I find your comments above to be particulary hypocritical.

Don't try to squelch me just because you don't like what I have to say. And show a little courtesy since the non-believers are rarely instigators to the threads that wind up like this (just like this one).

Latest resources

Back