With the lord anything is possibe

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Non-offensive, Non-religious Post

I just remembered, it's called "Pei Wei's". That's the name of the restaurant under the same ownership as PF Changs, with the same food, but half the price tag. Enough talk, lets eat!

TXCAP

Curious interpretation of my post but in the spirit of the moment I won't rebut. I did interpret your response to mine as a bit sarcastic. If I was mistaken, then my apologies sir.
I'll reiterate my earlier statement that anyone is free to espouse any belief, but I just don't understand the visceral reaction by some (if not yourself) to such an innocent post.
The original poster was in no way evangelizing nor trying to "cram" anything down anyone's throat. Nor do I see how someone's Christian auto signature could be offensive. You may not like it, but if not, just ignore it. Who would deny the right of someone to have it? Why this visceral reaction?
There are those here who are as fanatical in their attack of Christians and other religions as the "religious fanatics" they insist on attacking. I would submit that those who do so remove any difference between themselves and those whom they find so offensive. Intolerance is intolerance. In my opinion that is the real hypocracy.
Again, how about some respect for each other's views, and professional decorum.

Re: TXCAP

I still think you have missed my point.

prodigal said:
The original poster was in no way evangelizing nor trying to "cram" anything down anyone's throat. Nor do I see how someone's Christian auto signature could be offensive.
You are right on both counts. That's my whole point. If the original poster can make a statement that he believes in god or is blessed and it not be offensive, then somebody else can make a reply to that which says "you know, I disagree with you on that and am not a Christian at all" and that's not offensive either.

I'm saying that YOU ARE CALLING IT OFFENSIVE AND DISRESPECTFUL for the sole reason that it is in disagreement with you. But that doesn't MAKE it offensive and disrespectful.

prodigal said:
You may not like it, but if not, just ignore it. Who would deny the right of someone to have it? Why this visceral reaction?
There are those here who are as fanatical in their attack of Christians and other religions as the "religious fanatics" they insist on attacking.

The core of my disagreement with you is that you categorize someone who disagrees with you as intolerant or visceral solely because they disagree with you. I say that just because someone disagrees with you doesn't make them uncivil or intolerant or visceral. It just means they disagree with you.

Now, you say that there are people who are fanatical about "attacking" christians or other religions. No one who has posted on this thread has attacked have they? They have all said they disagree with you, but that's not an attack, that's a disagreement.

Snakum was a smart-@ss but I thought what he said was pretty funny. In any case, even though I don't really think he needed to he apologized for it. But even still, he didn't attack you or christianity did he? Certainly no more than you have attacked any of us for saying that you believe.

Fly safe everybody, 5:30(AM) will be here awfully early and I need some sleep.

Religion does not represent the following of God, to me anyway.

According to Christ, as quoted in the Bible, religion is not a good thing, but trust in the truth of the Bible, which He authenticated to be without error, IS a good thing.

There is a world of difference between the two. Based on what some religious people have done (not followers of Christ and His word, the Bible) I would agree that religion, in and of itself, is dangerous AND misleading.

I'm hungry. Pei Wei's?

Is that pronounced Pee Wee's? :D

TXCAP4228,

Great posts! Well said.

WhereamI,

Thanks for the update on the restaurant. Alas, there does not appear to be one in my city. Guess I'm stuck with the more expensive "original". Ah well, life could be worse!

Thank you all for your comments, suggestions, and replies. This was my first time ever using this message board and really did not know what type of information to expect, from what I read it was all quite helpful. Some technically helpful, other philosophically and idealogically helpful. When you are talking about a business that interfaces with the public like an airline it is very important to know what kind of a slant an expression, issue, name, etc. can take. And again for all your inputs sincerely thank you.
I further apologize for any divisive or offensive remarks I may have made or suggested. I will even wipe the signature "I'm Blessed" off any future correspondence. I use that term because people often ask "How are you doing?" I'm not always doing great, but neither am I sure they want to hear a/b my issues. Irregardless, I figure I'm doing better than I deserve, so why not just respond with "I'm Blessed". It really isn't for the purpose of starting controversy or wearing my "religion" on my sleeve. I returned from a red eye yesterday and my 11 year old son had breakfast and a newspaper on the table waiting for me before he left for school......I guess "I'm Lucky"! My teenage daughter later came home from school and told me what an idiot I am and why don't I just leave on another 4day.... I guess "I'm not so Lucky".
Have a great day and enjoy the great Chinese food out there. We don't have a PF Chang nearby, but I visit them on every LAS overnight I get.

I'm Blessed--
Don't even think about changing any of it!!!
It's great you have it up there. You didn't cram anything down anyone's throats and if they don't like it, they have the right to ignore it.
You aren't doing anything wrong!
I am blessed too!
Keep it on there!

TXCAP4228-
You are right, there is nothing wrong with disagreeing with someone's personal beliefs. Doing it in a way as to poke fun is totally different. Using the term "religious wacko" is certainly poking fun. It's also stereotyping. I'm not saying you did that, but in my opinion this whole mess got started by someone using the term "religious wacko" for no apparant reason.
It's quite alright to disagree with me, but if it's done in an irrational and cynical way, I would get defensive.

Latest resources

Back