Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

With no representation, JetBlue forces flight 504 Captain to record a retraction

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I just sit back and laugh and then cry. I have 30 years left and I'm wasting my career in a dead end company waiting, hoping and praying someone will call for an interview.

All he did was speak on a company frequency and the BDL ground frequency. One very interesting tidbit about Jebtlue is despite the incompetence of our leadership they will do whatever they can to spin bad press. There is always spin in place to deflect blame and forcing this captain to retract his statement via podcast is the ultimate spin.

THIS. This guy (my feelings about him being an idiotic no-voter aside) was recorded unknowningly by one of those websites where wannabes get off dreaming of being pilots, and he was completely professional albeit frustrated. HE DID NOT GIVE A STATEMENT TO ANYONE!!

Being a no-voter, wouldn't all you juicers think the company would be holding him up for praise? Instead he's forced to grab his ankles to make all the AO, GO, SSC, JBU, FSC gnomes feel a bit better about their own bluethiness.

Every news organization in the world has scanners monitoring police, fire and air traffic frequencies. If you don't know that, you're an idiot. NEVER say something on the radio you don't want recorded.

Every news organization in the world has scanners monitoring police, fire and air traffic frequencies. If you don't know that, you're an idiot. NEVER say something on the radio you don't want recorded.

Unless you work for a union carrier. ALPA, Temasters, SWAPA, APA would have never let this happen. At Jetblue, with no protection, you are subject to "leaderships" opinion.
The phrase "if I want your opinion I'll give it to you" has never been more true than at Jetblue.

Why? He got EXACTLY what he voted for.

Well yes and no. During the ALPA elections David Scott sent a mass email to the pilot group pleading for the pilot group to vote no on unionization. He did so abusing his send rights as a PVC member. According to flight ops he was punished. Back track a little now to when the first edition of "The Moat" was emailed from a non-Jetblue email address. After the Jetblue discerned the identity of the authors they were punished. Now let's consider the punishments for both emails. David Scott received a letter in his file. The Moat authors were almost terminated.

In short the playing field is not level. Pro-company supporters are treated substantially different to pro-pilot supporters during a disciplinary hearing. You may suggest the disparity is criminal however since it's clearly not illegal all you can say is it's disgusting.

Latest resources

Back